When you need versatile data entry controls combined with strict validation, the Telerik MaskedEditBox control for Windows Forms is the perfect match to your criteria. It is an intelligent component for controlled data input, which enhances the functionality of the regular textbox by adding input validation and masks, such as date, IP Address, SSN, phone number, digits, decimals, and more.
Telerik MaskedEditBox is designed for allowing users to enter a particular type of value, and to restrict the values users can enter to that type. It automatically handles the parsing of values that the user enters and formats their values accordingly. It supports all common masks:
- Standard distinguishes between proper and improper user input, depending on the application settings. You can use the standard mask to specify a format such as letters only, digits only, or any symbol;
- DateTime allows for free-form date and time entry. It assists the user by accepting various date and time formats and tries to recognize them and convert them into valid dates. If the entry is successfully recognized, it is formatted accordingly and displayed to the user. You can also specify the culture information by using the culture settings;
- The Numeric mask supports restricting user input to numeric values, such as currency, percentage, or numbers. The formatting options take the Culture settings into account as well;
- Regex allows you to use regular expressions and masks to validate user input;
- The IP mask allow user to input only 3 digits in the 0-255 range in four groups;
- The Email mask will validate the user input for a valid mail;
- Null Value support.
Telerik MaskedEditBox can be used together with an error provider and the standard .NET validation methods to verify the accuracy of the data entered by the user.