- ADDED: New data layer (with a new RadListSource component, and a RadCollectionView component for handling bound/unbound data), which is generic, faster and uses less memory. It is reused in RadListControl and RadDropDownList;
- ADDED: A GridViewHiararchyDataProvider which brings several distinct advantages to the hierarchy mode, such as support for custom hierarchy (the old mechanism supported relation hierarchy only), support for self-referencing hierarchy, load on demand hierarchy;
- ADDED: Data conversion layer, which recognizes automatically any attached
type converter attribute and uses it to convert the data.
- ADDED: Virtualized columns – enables fast scrolling when using a large number of columns.
- ADDED: Split mode - enables horizontal and vertical split views.
- ADDED: Support for right pinned columns and bottom pinned rows
- ADDED: Pinned summary items and total summaries when grouping is applied
- ADDED: All system rows can be reordered.
- ADDED: Cell styling - the visual appearance of any cell can be changed by setting directly its Style property.
- ADDED: Row reorder - in unbound mode, rows can be reordered by using the mouse.
- ADDED: Grouping by multiple columns
- ADDED: New build-in
drag and drop service it is easy to drag & drop rows between two
- ADDED: IDataErrorInfo support, RadGridView will reflect automatically all errors indicated by this interface.
- ADDED: Event based hierarchy
- ADDED: A new VirtualizedScrollPanel which provides a new generalized scrolling mechanism with which you can easily add virtualized scrolling to any RadControl element and/or layout by only defining the logical and visual items.
- ADDED: 3 new export formats: ExportToCSV (see video), ExportToHTML (see video), ExportToPDF (based on ExportToHTML)
- ADDED: ExportToExcelML: New property FileExtension.
- FIXED: ExportToExcelML: Sometimes conditional formatting in exported file is spread on more than the evaluated cells.
- FIXED: ExportToExcelML: underling fonts are represented incorrectly in XML and the file cannot be opened from Excel.
- FIXED: ExportToExcelML: ExcelCellFormatting event does not allow to change applied conditional formatting and cell data value.
- FIXED: ExportToExcelML: Wrong alignment and forecolor for conditional formatting.
Telerik support if you need help you upgrade your application to the new version.
Export to excel
- Because of the new element hierarchy, your application may not compile if you have used the “Element hierarchy editor” or accessed the element tree directly.
- Row cells should be accessed by using the VisualCells property instead of using the Children collection directly.
- The CellElement and VisualElement properties of GridViewCellInfo and GridViewRowInfo respectively are removed. You should use RadGridView.GridElement.GetCellElement/GetRowElement methods.
All export classes are moved to TelerikData.dll. Please, add it as reference to your project if you use any grid’s export classes.
Changed: The Add New Row behavior. Now it adds the row when the validation process is finished.
Removed: GroupDepth property, it is no longer needed.
Removed: Obsolete method UpdateGroupPanel.
Removed: GridScroller property, you should use GridElement.VScrollBar property.
Removed: SetCurrentRow method, you should use CurrentRow property.
Removed: OnChildRowsNeeded method, it is no longer needed.
Changed: GroupSumaryEvaluate to GroupSummaryEvaluate because of a typo.
- Removed: Obsolete property NewRowIndex
- Changed: AddNewRowPosition property type changed from PinnedRowPosition to SystemRowPosition
- Changed: GridViewColumn.Index property is now read only. You should use Columns.Move method instead.
- Removed: obsolete method UpdateSummaries, summaries are updated automatically.
Removed: obsolete method UpdateGroupPanel, group panel is updated automatically.
Removed: obsolete property SummaryDisplayStyle, use SummaryRowsTop and SummaryRowsBottom collections.
Removed: obsolete property RetrieveNullAsDBNull, use GridViewColumn.DataSourceNullValue property.
Removed: obsolete property OwnerGrid, use Owner property.
Removed: obsolete property ColumnAutoWidth, use AutoSizeColumnsMode property and BestFit method.
Removed: obsolete property AllowRowSelection, use properties controlling the selection behavior.
Removed: ColumnWidthChanging/Changed events and methods, use corresponding RadGridView events.
Removed: ColumnIndexChanging/Changed events and methods, use Columns.CollectionChanged event.
Removed: GroupByExpression, AddToGroupExpressions, ClearGroupByExpressions, RemoveGroupExpressions and SwitchGroupExpressions methods, use GroupByExpressions property methods.
- Removed: AllowRowSelection property
- Removed: RemoveInvalidGroupExpressions method, it is no longer needed
Removed: obsolete method GetVisibleRow, use Rows[index].
Removed: obsolete method GetVisibleRowIndex, use Rows.IndexOf method.
Removed: GridViewElement property, use RootGridElement.FindView method.
Removed: RowHeightChanged and RowHeightChanging methods, use RadGridView events.
Removed: RootGroup property, use ViewTemplate property.
Removed: CurrentGroup property, use GridViewRowInfo.Parent property.
Removed: obsolete property ActualHeight, use the Height property.
Removed: obsolete property GridViewInfo, use the ViewInfo property.
Removed: VisualElement property, use GridElement.GetRowElement method.
- Removed: DataRowInfo property, use new Cells collection instead.
Removed: SetGroupExpandedWithAnimation method, in this beta we do not support grouping animations.
Removed: ChildRow property. Currently when using hierarchy, RadGridView produces GridViewHierarchyRowInfo instances which inherit from GridViewDataRowInfo and contain this property.
Removed: GroupLevel property. This property can be accessed in GridViewHierarchyRowInfo.
Removed: WidthPercentage property, this property was used internally in old grid versions.
Removed: Invalidate method, use GridElement.Update methods instead.
Removed: CellDefinition property, this property was used internally in old grid versions.
Removed: obsolete property AllowDragToGroup, use the template property.
Removed: obsolete property DataField, use the FieldName property.
Removed: obsolete property DataTextFormatString, use the FormatString property.
Removed: obsolete property DataTypeIsSet.
Removed: internally used methods IsBindableType and IsBoundToFieldName.
Removed: obsolete properties DrawHorizontalOuterBorder and DrawVerticalOuterBorder
Removed: HeaderElement, FooterElement and TableBodyElement properties, these elements are no longer part of the element hierarchy.
Removed: GetRowStyle, GetStyleByTargetElement and SetStyleByTargetElement methods, use the Style property.
Removed: various update methods: InvalidateColumn, InvalidateColumnWidths, UpdateColumns, UpdateCurrentColumn, and UpdateCurrentPosition. All updates are now automatic. You can use the Update and UpdateView methods to explicitly update GridTableElement.
Removed: RowsEnumerator property, create GridTraverser instance instead.
- Removed: Scroller property, use VScrollBar property instead
- Removed: GetRowStyle method, it is no longer needed.
Removed: UpdateColumns, UpdateStyle and CreateCells methods.
Removed: GetPinnedState method, use RowInfo.PinPosition property.
Removed: ViewDefinition property, use ViewTemplate.ViewDefinition property.
Removed: BodyElement property, it is no longer part of the element hierarchy.
Removed: obsolete property IsReadOnly, use GridViewColumn.ReadOnly property.
Removed: BodyElement property, it is no longer part of the element hierarchy.
- Changed: the behavior of RowIndex has changed, now it returns the row index
relatively to its Parent collection
Removed: all methods that handle specific keys. Use ProcessKey method instead.
Changed: excluded key specific arguments from row and column selection methods.
- Removed: FiltersOperation property, now all filter expressions are applied with and operator.
- Removed: AutoSizeDropDownToBestFit and DropDownWidth properties.
- Removed: GetSummaryInfo and GetSummaryValue methods.
- Removed: Aggregate, Expression, Filter and FormatString properties.
- Removed: IsRoot property, check whether Parent property is null.
- Removed: SummaryRowsTop and SummaryRowsBottom collections. Use HeaderRow property to access them.
- Removed: Update method, use the indexer instead.
- Removed: Set method, use the Add method instead.
- Removed: Replace method.
- Changed: Changed event arguments of Insert and Move methods.
- Removed: FindByCaption, FindByCaptionSafe, SetItem, Move and string indexer methods.
- Changed: now SelectedRows is a read only collection. Use row IsSelected property to control the row selected state.
- Changed: now SelectedCells is a read only collection. Use cell IsSelected property to control the cell selected state.
- Removed: CellValue, Column and RowIndex properties, use RowInfo property instead.
- Removed: IsEditMode property
- Removed: Expression property