In R2 2021 we’ve introduced Telerik UI for WinUI, the largest Blazor component suite, over 30 enhancements across .NET & JS, and more. Learn more about our latest release.
We all know the old adage “Don’t judge a book by its cover.” But when it comes to your application, visual first impressions are everything. It takes about 50 milliseconds (or 0.05 seconds) for users to form an opinion about your web,
mobile or desktop application that determines whether they’ll like it or not, and whether they’ll use it or abandon it.
Sleek, engaging and user-centric UI is simply a must. And because we understand that great UI goes beyond making things aesthetically pleasing, we’re always by your side with the right professionally designed developer tooling and support to help
you make a memorable first impression and improve user retention.
I am super excited to announce that, today, the R2 2021 release of Telerik and Kendo UI is LIVE!
With R2 2021, we’ve introduced Telerik UI for WinUI, the largest Blazor UI component suite,
So, get a cup of coffee or tea, make yourself comfortable and prepare to learn our new release story.
But before we start, I am pleased to share that we’ve prepared for you three webinars and six Twitch sessions on May 18-20, where our developer advocates will discuss the latest updates from their unique insider
perspective into each framework and show them in practice.
Want to join in? Go ahead and save your seat now, and then head back up here to read about all the amazing updates in this release.
I’ll Go Save My Seat Now
Now let’s dive deeper into all the gems in R2 2021.
Release Highlights by Product
Get an overview of everything that’s new across the entire release here, and be sure to dig into the details in the individual product blog posts, which are packed with more information about the latest updates.
Telerik UI for Blazor with 75+ Truly Native Components—the Largest Blazor UI Suite on the Market!
- New components: PanelBar, Form, Card, Color Palette, Arc Gauge, Linear Gauge, Circular Gauge, Radial Gauge, Validation Summary, Validation Tooltip, Validation Message and MediaQuery
- New Grid features: Multi-column headers, Rows Drag & Drop, Excel-like Editing and Navigation, Fit Column Width to Content, Hide Columns on Small Devices, Frozen Columns with Virtualization, Grouping Columns in the ColumnMenu,
CheckBox-only selection, Checkbox as Default Editor for Boolean, Built-in Validation for InCell & InLine Editing
- New TreeList features: Excel-like Editing and Navigation, Hide Columns on Small Devices, Fit Column Width to Content, Built-in Validation for InCell & InLine Editing, Frozen Columns with Virtualization, CheckBox-only selection,
Checkbox as Default Editor for Boolean
- New Editor features: Highlighting, Paste Cleanup, Copy & Paste Images
- New Time Interval feature in DateInput, DatePicker, TimePicker and DateTimePicker components
- New Window features: Draggable & Stacking Windows
- New Calendar features: Templates & Cell Render Event
- New Selects feature: Virtualization
- New Predefined Dialogs features: Alert, Confirm and Prompt
- New DropDownList feature: Filter
- New VS Code Wizard: Seamless setup of Telerik UI for Blazor components in existing Blazor projects
Read More: Telerik UI for Blazor release blog post I Telerik UI for Blazor product page
Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC & Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core
- New components: Task Board, Skeleton, Action Sheet and Circular Gauge
- New Grid features: Data Range Selection plus sleek option to copy or export to chart & file
- New Editor feature: Image Resizing via Handles
- New TreeList features: Filter Row, Row Template
- New Scheduler features: Grouping Support, Year View, Normal Display of 24h Events
- New QR Code features: Swiss QR Code, Support for Logo/Image in QR Code
- New Drawer feature: Hierarchical Items
- New Map feature: Support for Azure Maps
Specific to Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core:
- Compatibility with .NET 6 Latest Preview
- Linux Installer for Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core
Read More: Telerik UI for Core release blog post I Telerik UI for Core product page
Read More: Telerik UI for MVC release blog post I Telerik UI for MVC product page
Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX
- New component: Switch
- New Gantt features:
- Planned vs Actual
- Control Action Buttons and Add Custom
- Column and Views Header Templates
- Task Tooltip Template
- Column Template
- Expose Gantt properties and events
- ThemeBuilder updates (new components and fixes)
Read More: Telerik UI for AJAX release blog post I Telerik UI for AJAX product page
Telerik UI for Xamarin with a Growing UI Library of High-Quality Controls & New Features
- New control: Badge control
- New Barcode feature: Support for Swiss QR Barcode
- New Entry features: Support for Read-only and MaxLength
Read More: Telerik UI for Xamarin release blog post I
Telerik UI for Xamarin product page
Telerik UI for WPF with 140+ Controls & Support for the Latest Trends in .NET Desktop
- Compatibility with .NET 6 Latest Preview
- New control: Official version of CardView
- New control: A new Barcode control that will include new symbologies—Swiss QR, IntelligentMail and DataMatrix, as well as support for vector resizing
- Updates to themes: Dark variations for Material and Visual Studio 2019
- New RichTextBox feature: Support for shapes
Read More: Telerik UI for WPF release blog post I
Telerik UI for WPF product page
Telerik UI for WinForms with 140+ Controls & More New Features
- Compatibility with .NET 6 Latest Preview
- New control: Callout control
- New features for Barcode: Support for Swiss QR Barcode
- Updates to Office 2019 theme: Support for Dark and Colorful palettes
Read More: Telerik UI for WinForms release blog post I
Telerik UI for WinForms product page
Telerik UI for WinUI: The Fastest–Growing, Production-Ready WinUI Library
- New controls: Scheduler, ListView with support for extended selection, Shadow, HubTile, NumericBox, SideDrawer
- New Barcode feature: Swiss QR barcode
- Support for Document Processing Libraries: PDFProcessing, WordsProcessing, SpreadProcessing, SpreadStreamProcessing and Zip Library
Read More: Telerik UI for WinUI release blog post I
Telerik UI for WinUI product page
Telerik Reporting & Telerik Report Server
- New Blazor Report Designer allows adding report designing capabilities in Blazor applications (in Telerik Reporting)
- Improved Web Designer with drag & drop components and data fields
- Swiss barcode symbology based on the newly released Swiss QR Bill in payment slips
Read More: Telerik Reporting and Report Server release blog post I
Telerik Reporting product page I Telerik Report Server product page
- Enhanced Telerik JustMock Profiler for even faster unit test execution
- Debug Window now shows arguments information for a particular mock arrangement
- Compatibility with .NET 6 Latest Preview
Read More: Telerik JustMock release blog post I
Telerik JustMock product page
Telerik Test Studio Dev Edition
- Headless testing enables three times faster execution of recorded tests in headless mode and allows integration of automated tests into the nightly runs
- PDF content validation supports text or image validation within PDFs that are dynamically generated and displayed in the browser, without additional extensions or third-party tools
- We will deep dive in the latest developments around Fiddler. You will learn how to amplify your debugging efforts with a Web Debugging Proxy for any device and platform.
Kendo UI for Angular Now Delivers 100+ Components + Countless New Features!
- New components: Bottom Navigation and MultiSelect Tree
- New Angular Grid features: Sticky columns, sticky rows and persist grouping
- Enhanced Angular Grid accessibility: Filter menu, filter row, column menu, checkbox column and pager
- New Angular Editor features: Plugins and placeholder support
- New Angular DropDown features: Post open/close events, child object binding, group checkbox selection and programmatic item focus
- New Calendar feature: Multiple date selection
- New TreeView feature: Directive for checking and unchecking children and option to delay nodeDrag event
- New DateInputs feature: Support for typing a two-digit year and overall accessibility improvements
Read More: Kendo UI for Angular release blog post I Kendo UI for Angular product page
KendoReact with an Extensive Set of New Grid, DatePicker and Scheduler Features
- New KendoReact components: Skeleton component and External Drop Zone component
- New KendoReact Grid enhancements: Placeholders during virtualization, Range Selection, Expand/Collapse All Groups, and Persist Grouping during paging
- New DataPicker feature: Floating Labels
- New DateTimePicker feature: Floating Labels
- New Scheduler feature: Multiple Event Selection
- New ColorPicker feature: Contrast Color
Read More: KendoReact release blog post I KendoReact product page
- New Vue button components: Button, Button Group and Floating Action Button
- New Vue layout components: Chip and Chip List
- New Vue file management component: Upload
Read More: Kendo UI for Vue release blog post I Kendo UI for Vue product page
Kendo UI for jQuery with 100+ Components & Grid, Scheduler and Editor Features + Much More
- New jQuery components: Taskboard, Action Sheet and Skeleton
- New jQuery Grid features: Range selection, toggle edit mode and column templates for PDF export
- New jQuery Tree List features: Filter row and row template
- New jQuery Map feature: Support for Azure Maps
- New jQuery Scheduler features: Grouping, year view and normal display for 24-hour events
- New jQuery Barcode features: Swiss QR Code and support for logo/image in QR Code
- New jQuery Editor feature: Resize image via handles
Read More: Kendo UI for jQuery release blog post I Kendo UI for jQuery product page
Telerik and Kendo UI Community Forums Revamp
The last major update affects all our products: We revamped one of the favorite places that developers love hanging out—the Telerik and Kendo UI Community Forums.
Check out the complete story of why and what in the dedicated blog post.
About Telerik DevCraft
UI components for web, desktop and mobile applications, reporting and report management solutions, document processing libraries, automated testing and mocking tools. DevCraft will arm you with everything you need to deliver outstanding applications
in less time and with less effort. With award-winning technical support delivered by the developers who built the products and a ton of resources and trainings, you can rest assured that you have a stable provider to rely on for your everyday challenges
along your software development journey.
Sign Up for the Release Webinars & Join Us on Twitch
Seeing is believing, so register to see all the new features—the webinars are coming up fast! It will help you to follow along easily if you download the latest release here.
Telerik R2 2021 Release Webinar—Web, Desktop and Mobile Products
The webinar will cover all updates across Telerik UI for Blazor, UI for ASP.NET Core, UI for ASP.NET MVC, UI for ASP.NET AJAX, UI for WPF, UI for WinForms, UI for WinUI and UI for Xamarin.
Save Your Seat: Tuesday, May 18 I 11:00 am – 1:00 pm ET
Telerik R2 2021 Release Webinar—Reporting, Testing and Mocking Tools (Plus Fiddler)
The webinar will cover all updates across Telerik Reporting and Report Server, Test Studio Dev Edition, JustMock and Fiddler.
Save Your Seat: Wednesday, May 19 I 11:00 am – 1:00 pm ET
Kendo UI R2 2021 Release Webinar
The webinar will cover all updates across Kendo UI for jQuery, Angular, Vue and KendoReact.
Save Your Seat: Thursday, May 20 I 11:00 am – 1:00 pm ET
The webinars will be complemented with live demo sessions on Twitch where you will see the newly released components and features
in action and get ideas on how to use them in your projects.
Join us on Twitch:
Tuesday, May 18 I 9:00 - 10:30 am ET (Angular, React)
Tuesday, May 18 I 1:30 – 3:00 pm ET (Reporting, Test Studio, JustMock, Fiddler)
Wednesday, May 19 I 9:00 – 10:30 am ET (Blazor, WinUI, Xamarin)
Wednesday, May 19 I 1:30 –
3:00 pm ET (Angular, React)
Thursday, May 20 I 9:00 – 10:30 am ET (Reporting, Test Studio, JustMock, Fiddler)
Thursday, May 20 I 1:30 – 3:00 pm ET (Blazor, WinUI, Xamarin)
We’re All Ears!
The live webinars and Twitch sessions are a great opportunity for you to ask questions before and during the webinars. We’ll be waiting to hear from you on Twitter—please use the #heyTelerik and #heyKendoUI hashtags to join the conversation—and on CodeItLive, our Twitch channel, via the live chat.
We Value Your Love
Telerik referral program—share your love for great UI and earn an Amazon gift card.
Do you believe more developers should try Telerik and Kendo UI products? Invite a fellow developer to become a Progress customer and you can each earn a $50 Amazon gift card.