With the second major release for 2017, the Test Studio team delivers some great, customer-requested features and focuses on making the product even more stable.
Test Studio R2 2017 has arrived. Right off the bat, you probably noticed the new product name—Progress Test Studio. Beyond the name, I can assure you there is a lot more to get excited about. The update adds some great new features and improvements for Web UI, mobile and API automated testing. Download a free 30-day trial of Test Studio
and check out the new release for yourself.
Some of highlights include:
Browser Calibration for Remote Machines
No more manual browser calibration on remote machines. Test Studio makes it very easy to remotely calibrate all test agents. We also provide a test list option for automatic calibration of the executing browsers before each run. Even if a browser gets decalibrated, our execution engine will fix it before a test suite kicks off.
Branch Management for Git
Use the full potential of Git source controlling through Test Studio. Now with the added features, you can create and switch branches. The overall experience is enhanced and keeping your project safe in Git is easier than ever.
Visual Studio 2017 Support
Test Studio's plugin now supports the latest Visual Studio official release. Craft the perfect automated tests combining the best Test Studio features like the Recorder, Element Explorer and more with the Visual Studio's incredible IDE!
Additionally, you can now open the test properties inside Visual Studio.
Test Studio Mobile
- Added support for WKwebView for hybrid applications testing in iOS.
- Added support for Xamarin Android apps. Check out our documentation for detailed steps on how to configure your application.
Test Studio for APIs Highlights
- Added Coded Step support in product. Now you can enhance your API tests with C# or VB.NET code. For more information and some examples, take a look at our documentation.
- Open the full downloaded content of the response.
- Added Set Variable Action—Regex match.
- Decompress responses with Content-Encoding: gzip / deflate.
Along with these features, we also focused our efforts on fixing some reported performance issues. You’ll notice better behavior from the test explorer (especially when scrolling), Chrome recorder, Git integration and Scheduling.
Try Test Studio
We would love to hear your opinion, so don't hesitate to let us know what you think. Happy testing!