This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Script is not aborted automatically when script is failed.

37 Answers 197 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Chakravarthy
Top achievements
Rank 1
Chakravarthy asked on 02 Feb 2011, 03:19 PM
Hi Telerik Team,

I am using WEB UI test studio with Vs2010 & recording/playing Webaii tests. The script is not aborting automatically and log is not generated when Webaiitest has been failed. I need to abort it manually again. When Webaiitest is passed script is giving the log.It is happening only with failing scripts. Please help in providing solution for this issue.

Regards,
Kalyan Uppalapati

37 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
answered on 03 Feb 2011, 10:23 AM
Hi Chakravarthy,

Typically when you start executing a test we start the runner in a separate window, launch the browser, execute the test steps and close the browser. If an error occurs during execution you can check the log via a link on top of the test steps pane. Are you missing this link?

Can you please post a screen shot (or more if needed) to help us understand the problem you experience? Thanks a lot!

Kind regards,
Konstantin Petkov
the Telerik team
Interested in Agile Testing? Check out Telerik TV for a recording of Automated Testing in the Agile Environment
Chakravarthy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Feb 2011, 10:33 AM
Hi Konstantin,

Thanks for Reply.Yes exactly same thing happening. When Script Failed the Browser & Web UI test Studio runner should close and log link should appear on top of the script, but it was not happening such way. I have to Abort script manually by clicking on "Abort" button.  Please find the Screen Shot attached for the same.

Let me know if you required any more information.

Regards,
Kalyan Uppalapati
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
answered on 03 Feb 2011, 10:57 AM
Hello Chakravarthy,

Everything looks fine on this screen shot except the execution shouldn't stuck at this phase. There probably is some exception breaking the normal process.

We will definitely need more information to help you resolve that. Can you please try to isolate that in a new project and record/playback a test against a live site we can run that on too? Do you get the same problem if the test fails there?

Kind regards,
Konstantin Petkov
the Telerik team
Interested in Agile Testing? Check out Telerik TV for a recording of Automated Testing in the Agile Environment
Chakravarthy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Feb 2011, 12:09 PM
Hi Konstantin,

I have tried it by creating a simple login script  in new project for an yahoo login page where the same problem is replicating, some kind of behavior I observed is the script is failing & log is generating successfully when we select the Toggle Annotation and run the script.Please find the attached Zip file for script.

Regards,
Kalyan Uppalapati.
Chakravarthy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Feb 2011, 09:56 AM
Hi,

Any solution for the above problem. Please reply.

Regards,
Kalyan Uppalapati
Cody
Telerik team
answered on 08 Feb 2011, 09:11 PM
Hello Chakravarthy,

I am sorry but so far we have been unable to reproduce this problem. Can you tell us more about your environment please:

- OS version?
- 32-bit or 64-bit?
- What version of IE are you using?
- What updates to .NET framework do you have installed?

Also can you try executing without the debugger as shown in the attached screen shot.

Kind regards,
Cody
the Telerik team
Chakravarthy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Feb 2011, 03:03 PM
Hello Cody,

Thanks for reply. Please find the required information below:

- OS version-  Windows 7 Enterprise
- 32-bit or 64-bit  32-bit
- What version of IE are you using IE8
- What updates to .NET framework do you have installed  .NET Framework 4.0

Regards,
Kalyan Uppalapati

Cody
Telerik team
answered on 09 Feb 2011, 11:14 PM
Hello Chakravarthy,

Thank you for the additiional information. Did you also get the chance to try executing without the debugger as shown in the attached screen shot of my previous message? What were the results of that?

Best wishes,
Cody
the Telerik team
Madhu
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Feb 2011, 05:00 PM

Hello Cody,

When we run without debugging mode, if script fails its giving log with failure message. But I see same problem when we run with debug mode, it never closed test runner window, we have to close manually. I see this issue after I upgraded to QA internal build (2010.3.1307.0) version.

Please find attached video, you will get clear idea.

Thanks,

Madhu.

Cody
Telerik team
answered on 11 Feb 2011, 09:36 PM
Hello Madhu,

Thanks for the video. It is the exact same behavior we are seeing with a couple of other customers, but so far have been unable to reproduce this problem in-house. Would you be willing to try running a private build that contains an attempt at fixing this problem? We made a code change that we hope will fix this problem but we can't prove it does. I also want to warn you it is possible this private build may be unstable because it's still a work in progress.

Let me know and I'll arrange to get you this private build.

Best wishes,
Cody
the Telerik team
Madhu
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Feb 2011, 09:52 PM

Hello Cody,

Thanks for support.

Its my pleasure, please send me the build so that I will install in one of my lab systems and let you know the result.

Note: Daniel Levy has my information (company, email and etc)

Thanks,

Madhu.

Cody
Telerik team
answered on 11 Feb 2011, 10:20 PM
Hi Madhu,

Thanks. I just sent an invitation to my DropBox shared folder via email to madhu.tekmal@clearstructure.com.

Regards,
Cody
the Telerik team
Madhu
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Feb 2011, 10:34 PM
Hi Cody,

I have received the new build, I will get back to you with test result.

Thanks,
Madhu.
Madhu
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Feb 2011, 10:59 PM

Hi Cody,

I was installed build in a new system. I’m very sorry to inform you, still I see the issue.
If you want I can show you via GoToMeeting.

Please find attached video file.

Thanks,

Madhu.

Cody
Telerik team
answered on 12 Feb 2011, 12:14 AM
Hello Madhu,

Thank you very much for testing this out for us!! I don't think I'll learn anything through a GoToMeeting though I appreciate the offer.

Earlier you said this started happening with our build 2010.3.1307? Just for to be certain, this does not happen with our 2010.3.1213 build? Can you verify this? If this is true, it's an important clue for us to look into.

Best wishes,
Cody
the Telerik team
Madhu
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Feb 2011, 12:39 AM
Hi Cody,

Just to confirm on this, I'm trying to install (WebUI_TestStudio_QA_2010_3_1213_Trial) in a new system getting my trial expired error.(attached screenshot)

Thanks,
Madhu. 
Chakravarthy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Feb 2011, 02:16 PM
Hi Cody,

I am using Telerik WEB UI test Studio 2010.3.1213.0 Developer Edition which is integrated with VS2010. But still the problem is same. Please let me know if you need any additional info.

Regards,
Kalyan Uppalapati
Riversand Technologies.
Daniel Levy
Telerik team
answered on 14 Feb 2011, 06:38 PM
Hi Kalyan,

Cody will be sending you a link to the same internal build as discussed earlier in this thread. We are not overly confident this will resolve the runner unload issue you descibes, but if you are willing to install it and report back your results, we would certainly appreciate the feedback.

The email will be sent to: kalyan.uppalapati@riversand.com

I will also be sending along a trial extension to your QA Edition trial to this same address.

Regards,
Daniel Levy
the Telerik team
Cody
Telerik team
answered on 15 Feb 2011, 05:43 AM
Hello Madhu,

It appears you are getting the Trial Expired because the trial period you had before you purchased the product actually has expired. Trial periods are separate from purchases, and a purchase does not change or extend the trial period.

Since you have purchased (or your manager) you should be able to use your Telerik account to activate the software. Let me know if you have further questions about this.

Best wishes,
Cody
the Telerik team
Arun
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Feb 2011, 06:48 PM
Hi Kalyan,

Did you tested the internal build and find the solution?

Thanks,
Arun.
Chakravarthy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Feb 2011, 09:59 AM
Hi Arun,

I am having Licensed Telerik WEBUI Test Studio Dev Edition integrated with VS2010 already installed in my system. While i am trying to install the "WEB UI Test Studio QA Edition" provided by you it is giving a mesage as Do you want to Upgrade it. Now i am in doubt that if i proceed with installation it will override the existing edition with this trail one. Please let me know can i procced with installation by overriding the existing one or do i need to uninstall the old one & install new one. Please find scrren shot for pop-up message.

Regards,
Kalyan Uppalapati
Stoich
Telerik team
answered on 18 Feb 2011, 02:16 PM
Hello Arun,
   it won't overwrite it - WebUI Developer and QA edition are independent of each other. However it will update Dev edition (the one integrated with VS) to it's own version (14.11).

Best wishes,
Stoich
the Telerik team
Cody
Telerik team
answered on 18 Feb 2011, 05:15 PM
Hi Arun,

Forgive me for interjecting here however I need to make a correction. If you already have Dev Edition and QA Edition installed, then installing a newer version with either installer will actually upgrade both versions at once. Thus yes, when you get that upgrade prompt it will upgrade/overwrite your current version. It will keep your machines activated license intact. You will not need to re-activate after performing an upgrade of WebUI Test Studio.

All the best,
Cody
the Telerik team
Cody
Telerik team
answered on 04 Mar 2011, 08:50 PM
Hello Arun,

I have a new private build I'd like to send to to help us track down this problem. It doesn't actually fix this problem but instead adds additional logging to help us isolate where the deadlock is happening. Can I send you this new build to try it with your tests? I must warn you it hasn't gone through extensive testing. It is possible it has other bugs still in it. So I suggest trying it on some sort of test machine in which you are able to repro this hang problem on.

Best wishes,
Cody
the Telerik team
Registration for Q1 2011 What’s New Webinar Week is now open. Mark your calendar for the week starting March 21st and book your seat for a walk through all the exciting stuff we ship with the new release!
Cody
Telerik team
answered on 04 Mar 2011, 08:53 PM
Hi Madhu,

I'd like to make you the same offer to try out this private build and send us your results.

All the best,
Cody
the Telerik team
Registration for Q1 2011 What’s New Webinar Week is now open. Mark your calendar for the week starting March 21st and book your seat for a walk through all the exciting stuff we ship with the new release!
Madhu
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Mar 2011, 08:57 PM
Hello Cody,

I still see same problem in QA Edition 2010.3.1502(internal build), if you have another build after this?
Please do send me the build, I will test it and send to you results.

Thanks,
Madhu.
Cody
Telerik team
answered on 04 Mar 2011, 09:23 PM
Hello Madhu,

Thanks. I've already sent you the link to the DropBox folder containing this private build, along with an email describing how to turn on the logging we need to further diagnose this problem.

Best wishes,
Cody
the Telerik team
Madhu
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Mar 2011, 10:30 PM
Hello Cody,

Tested QA build 2010.3.1504 build, still same problem as you said.

Please find attached video along with Log files.

Thanks,
Madhu.
Cody
Telerik team
answered on 04 Mar 2011, 10:36 PM
Hello Madhu,

Thank you for the data. Yes we knew the problem is not fixed. We only needed the log file (which you supplied) so we can further isolate where the deadlock is happening. I have forwarded it my developer. He will study it on Monday when he returns to the office.

Regards,
Cody
the Telerik team
Chakravarthy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Apr 2011, 11:15 AM
Hello TelerikTeam,

This problem is still persisting. This is causing lot of inconvenience when scripts are getting failed.Are you able to get any resolution for the problem.

Regards,
Kalyan Uppalapati
Riversand Technologies
Cody
Telerik team
answered on 27 Apr 2011, 05:11 PM
Hi Madhu,

We did some additional work in our upcoming R1 release, which is due out next week. Please upgrade to R1 when it is released and let us know whether or not this problem still persists.

Best wishes,
Cody
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Madhu
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Apr 2011, 11:25 PM
Hello Cody,

Thanks for your response, any videos in telerikTV or release notes about major upcoming R1 release?

Thanks,
Madhu.
Daniel Levy
Telerik team
answered on 28 Apr 2011, 11:56 PM
Hello Madhu,

Thanks for writing. Here is a link to the product roadmap for the R1 2011 release due out Monday, May 2nd.

We have many features we are saving to show you in our upcoming R1 2011 Webinar on May 12th, I encourage you to sign up to see all the new functionality.

Kind regards,
Daniel Levy
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Madhu
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 May 2011, 07:08 PM
Hello Support,

Thanks for your hard work.

It seems to be problem is fixed with new R1 release.

Thanks,
Madhu

Cody
Telerik team
answered on 05 May 2011, 07:29 PM
Hi Madhu,

Excellent news! Thank you for very much for this update.

All the best,
Cody
the Telerik team
Do you think you know all the new features coming out in Test Studio R1 2011? Think again - we have some surprises and will share them with you in the What's New in Test Studio R1 2011 Webinar on May 12th.
Register Today!
Chakravarthy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 May 2011, 07:53 AM
Hello Telrik Team,

That's a Excellent news to hear & Thanks for your support on this. As on vacation, I was not able to attend the webinar on 6th May. I have registered to attend on 12th May. Can you please guide me from where can I download/upgrade to the new R1 Release to fix the problem.

Regards,
Kalyan Uppalapati
Riversand Technologies.
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
answered on 06 May 2011, 08:00 AM
Hello,

You can get the new release from the Downloads page in your account.

Best wishes,
Konstantin Petkov
the Telerik team
Do you think you know all the new features coming out in Test Studio R1 2011? Think again - we have some surprises and will share them with you in the What's New in Test Studio R1 2011 Webinar on May 12th.
Register Today!
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Chakravarthy
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
Chakravarthy
Top achievements