This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

"you are using unsupported command line flag --disable web security" error

5 Answers 1922 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Julia
Top achievements
Rank 1
Julia asked on 12 Nov 2015, 05:03 PM
Hi,
I'm seeing this "you are using unsupported command line flag --disable web security" error message in Chrome (Version 46.0.2490.86 m)​, which appears to be coming from Test Studio plugins, as I don't see it when those are disabled.
Is there a way to get rid of that error message?
Thanks,

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Cody
Telerik team
answered on 12 Nov 2015, 05:40 PM
Hi Julia,

That's actually a benign warning that you can safely ignore. It is a command line parameter that Test Studio uses and was required on older versions of Chrome. We keep it in there just for backwards compatibility. The current version of Chrome just ignores the command line parameter (after showing you the warning message).

Regards,
Cody
Telerik

The New Release of Telerik Test Studio Is Here! Download, install,
and send us your feedback!
Ignatz
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Apr 2016, 06:41 AM

Hi there. I'm afraid I see this warning as less than benign. One of the things we do is to collect screen grabs for regression testing against earlier screen grab versions. Image comparisons all fail in Chrome because now the browser screenshots have the warning in the images, which was previously absent.

Can Telerk not do something to remove this please? It's impacting our testing significantly. Thanks.

Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
answered on 29 Apr 2016, 08:21 AM
Hi Ignatz,

Thank you for your question!

I understand your concern and have good news to share with you. We recently discovered a solution to hide this warning and implemented the change internally. The update will be available with an internal build in the first half of May as well as the next official release scheduled to go live by the end of June, 2016.

Please excuse us for the temporary inconvenience!

Regards,
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik

Deepa
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Nov 2016, 02:37 PM

Hi Konstantin,

I am getting the same error while running my tests in Chrome browser - You are using an unsupported command-line flag : disable web security. I am using the latest version of Test Studio - 2016.3.928.0. Can you let me know what I need to set in TS to overcome the error?

Thanks..

Nikolay Petrov
Telerik team
answered on 21 Nov 2016, 03:20 PM
Hi Deepa,

To see this message is the natural way when using Tests Studio with Chrome. It is not an error and it is needed for the test automation. Current behavior of this alert is to be closed right after it appears.

Please, share with us how does this disturbing your work.

Regards,
Nikolay Petrov
Telerik by Progress

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Julia
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by