This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Version 2019.2.903.0 If/Else failing

1 Answer 64 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Chase
Top achievements
Rank 1
Chase asked on 04 Sep 2019, 07:12 PM

Since updating to the newest version, my IF statements are now failing. I need to check the state of an application in a table and the table cells ID changes according to the current state the application is in.  As a result I am using an If/Else statement such as "IF(Wait for Exists 'exampleCell0')" {steps if true}  "ELSE" {steps if false}.  Before this worked fine; when the cell had the same ID as I was looking for it would execute my IF steps and if it did not have the same ID it would execute my else Statement. Now I get this

'9/4/2019 10:04:02 AM' - 'Pass' : 7. Click 'SearchButtonTag'
'9/4/2019 10:04:04 AM' - 'Pass' : 8. Wait for '1500' msec.
'9/4/2019 10:04:34 AM' - 'Fail' : 9. IF (Wait for Exists 'ExampleCell0')
'9/4/2019 10:04:34 AM' - Unable to determine logical branch to go into. Unable to execute verification.
------------------------------------------------------------
Failure Information: 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
InnerException:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at ArtOfTest.WebAii.Design.IntrinsicTranslators.Descriptors.ExistsVerificationDescriptor.PerformWait(IAutomationHost host)
   at ArtOfTest.WebAii.Design.Execution.ExecutionEngine.ExecuteStep(Int32 order)
'9/4/2019 10:04:34 AM' - Detected a failure. Step is marked 'ContinueOnFailure=False' aborting test execution.
'9/4/2019 10:04:34 AM' - Overall Result: Fail
'9/4/2019 10:04:34 AM' - Duration: [1 min: 6 sec: 121 msec]

<<< Test-as-Step 'Example Tests\Misc Tests\Review Steps\OpenRecentApplicant.tstest' log ends.

I know this is not an issue with my environment as I was able to successfully run this test on another machine running 2019.2.619 using all of the same parameters after I failed on the latest update.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Plamen Mitrev
Telerik team
answered on 05 Sep 2019, 10:52 AM

Hi Chase,

Your team has reported this issue in a private ticket. I will also share this information here on the public forum for anyone else that might encounter this misbehavior.

The issue is actually caused by a change in the WaitForExists step in the latest Service Pack release. It now throws different exception that breaks the If...Else statement's logic and the test does not proceed as expected. I have already created a public bug report item on our feedback portal and our engineering team started investigating the issue.

There are 2 possible workarounds that you can use, until the official fix is release.

1. Revert to the previous official release of Test Studio 2019.2.0619 (you can find the installation in your Telerik.com account page). Please keep in mind that the new features and small bug fixes, that were included in the Service Pack, will not be available. That said, they are not major changes and might not affect your overall experience with the product.
  2. You can replace the WaitForExists step with VerifyExists step and the issue will be resolved. Both steps will have a timeout that allows the application to load, before making the verification and in most cases will behave the same way. This option requires you to manually record new "Verify element is visible" step or new WaitForExists test steps and change their roles to verification steps (see changeRoleVerification.png).

Please consider the above suggestions and go with the one you that better suits your scenario. The fix should be included in our next official release, after it is fully tested, but you can also follow it and get notifications for its progress.

I remain available, in case you need further assistance.

Regards,
Plamen Mitrev
Progress Telerik

The New Release of Telerik Test Studio Is Here! Download, install,
and send us your feedback!
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Chase
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by