Thank you for getting back to me.
I reviewed the shared piece of the log file, however the logged messages do not seem to be related to the recording issue you have encountered. This is why I will appreciate if you can go through the additional details previously requested and provide your input on these. For you convenience I will list these in this reply as well.
- do you use the same display when using the laptop with the docking station or without it?
- have you tried to change the displays order and settings anyhow? will this bring any difference in the recording behavior?
- can you please explore, if docking the laptop to the local network from the docking station, affects the user permissions somehow? Probably the IT department on your end can help with that.
- which is the Test Studio version you currently have?
- what is the behavior when recording against Chrome or Firefox?
- please dock your laptop and verify the below specifics in behavior:
1. Does the browser starts at all?
2. if yes, does the URL gets navigated, but the recorder is not attached?
3. Can you please generate the application log and send it via this thread? Please clear first the log, then reproduce the misbehavior and collect the log. This can be attached zipped to this thread.
I completely understand the above actions will take some of your time, but these are specific for the environment on your end and will be necessary to continue the investigation. So, please, when you have the chance, get back to me sharing more about the observed misbehavior.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation.