This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

The Parameter is incorrect 0x0070057 E_INVALIDARG

7 Answers 324 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Matt
Top achievements
Rank 1
Matt asked on 13 May 2011, 01:54 PM
Environment is VS 2010, Win 2008 Standard 64-bit

I have opened "Visual Studio Samples" from "Telerik" --> "Test Studio 2011.1"

Solution opens fine. I double-click on DataDrivenTestBuiltInGrid.aii, it opens a window asking about trial. I click OK with trial and the file opens fine. I close the file and then try to open it again, I get the following error.

The parameter is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))

This is repeatable with the above steps.

Thanks

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Daniel Djambov
Telerik team
answered on 13 May 2011, 02:35 PM
Hello Matt,

I'm really sorry that you have come to such issue. Unfortunatly we are unable to reproduce it in our environment, which is similar to yours - the only difference is that we are running windows Server 2008 enterprise R2. These server OSs are very specific in terms of rights and permissions.

I assume you did the following:
1. Installeed Test Studio
2. Opened Samples project
3. Clicked on DataDrivenTestBuiltInGrid
4. In License dialog selected Trial and test was properly open
5. You closed the solution/visual studio and when opened it again and loaded the same solution - did you get the license dialog again? in which to only select Trial without entering credentials?

Can you also tell me if you go to folder "C:\ProgramData\Telerik\" if you see a file Hash.lic and a folder TESTSTUDIO, containing 3 files?

Also are you using an account that has full administrative rights on this machine?

Any additional information on the problem will be helpful in order to process your problem asap.

Best wishes,
Daniel Djambov
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get now >>

Matt
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 May 2011, 02:58 PM
1-4) Yes
5) No, I closed DataDrivenTestBuiltInGrid.aii only without closing the solution. I then opened DataDrivenTestBuiltInGrid.aii again, at which point I received the error. I did not get the licence dialog again.

C:\ProgramData\Telerik

Contains:
  • Hash.lic
  • TESTSTUDIO

C:\ProgramData\Telerik\TESTSTUDIO

Contains:
  • Telerik.lic
  • Telerik.License.Code.lic
  • Telerik.License.Stamp.lic

I am logging in as a local admin

I also have other Telerik products installed, namely RadControls for WPF and JustDecompile if that makes any difference.
Stoich
Telerik team
answered on 20 May 2011, 08:34 AM
Hi Matt,
    I have a few questions on this:
Does the issue reproduce every time you attempt to open the test? Does it persist after restarting Visual Studio?

I'm a bit puzzled about something: you state that the test carries the "aii" extension. However, the new release ("Test Studio 2011.1") uses a different extensions for our tests - ".tstest". Did you upgrade from a previous release?

If so Test Project should have been converted to the new format after opening it with the new release.

Best wishes,
Stoich
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get now >>

Matt
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 May 2011, 10:54 AM
OK, so after I double-click the DataDrivenTestBuiltInGrid.aii file I get a dialog that pops up and says "The following test and data files have been detected in the current project folder and are not part of your Visual Studio Test Project. Would you like to import them?"

I click on OK

Then the DataDrivenTestBuiltInGrid.aii opens

I close it

I double click on it again

I get the error "The parameter is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))"

I have restarted the machine and Visual Studio a number of times. I did not have a previous version installed.

Thanks
Stoich
Telerik team
answered on 26 May 2011, 12:04 PM
Hello Matt,
     could you please record a video demonstrating the issue. Jing is great for desktop recordings.

Kind regards,
Stoich
the Telerik team

Matt
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 May 2011, 03:05 PM
Stoich
Telerik team
answered on 31 May 2011, 04:36 PM
Hello Matt, 
    please try to uninstall your current version of Test Studio. After that install the latest internal build 1520. You can download it here:
http://www.telerik.com/downloads/nightbuildfiles/bchk/Telerik.TestStudio.2011.1.520_Trial.msi
No data will be lost when you uninstall and then install.

Let me know if the problem persists.

Best wishes,
Stoich
the Telerik team

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Matt
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Daniel Djambov
Telerik team
Matt
Top achievements
Rank 1