This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Test Studio VS2019 Templates not installing

1 Answer 134 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Nolan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Nolan asked on 26 Sep 2019, 08:06 PM

I just installed Test Studio trial to evaluate if the product could be useful to our organization. While I was able to get the standalone version of Test Studio working fine, I would like to use the integrated version in Visual Studio.

We run Visual Studio 2019 - and we have the latest current version of Visual Studio (16.3.1). However when I install Test Studio, there are no templates or integrations that I can find in Visual Studio for Test Studio. I've attempted to repair the installation with no luck.

How can I get the Test Studio integration with VS2019?

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Elena
Telerik team
answered on 30 Sep 2019, 08:07 AM

Hi Nolan,

I am sorry to know you are facing such inconsistent behavior. 

First thing to verify is what Visual Studio you are using - is this Professional or Enterprise? If you are using the Community edition - please note that this is not supported

Though, if you the Visual Studio 2019 is minimum Professional and has the latest updates installed, I would suggest we verify the Test Studio installation wizard first. Please go through the below steps and let me know the outcome. 

1. Close any Test Studio and Visual Studio instances. 
2. Open the Windows Control Panel and open the Test Studio installation to modify it. 
3. Go to the Change view and ensure the Visual Studio 2019 Plugin components are selected. 
4. Click the Back button to get to the initial screen and choose to Repair the installation. 
5. Once ready, open the project in Visual Studio 2019 and check if the Telerik menu is available. 
6. If still not, please uninstall Test Studio from the Windows control panel completely and then perform a new fresh installation, but with generating the installer log

Please, if still there is no change, send that log zipped for further analysis.

Thank you in advance for your time and cooperation.

Regards,
Elena
Progress Telerik

The New Release of Telerik Test Studio Is Here! Download, install,
and send us your feedback!
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Nolan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by