This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Telerik Test Execution 2015.2

1 Answer 66 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Sean
Top achievements
Rank 1
Sean asked on 06 Aug 2015, 03:39 PM

Hello,

I am attempting to use the Telerik Test Scheduler to run tests overnight on my local machine. When I schedule the tests for a certain time and return to the "Results" tab, and reload, the tests I had scheduled disappear. 

I was following a walkthrough on how to schedule the tests and it mentioned needing the Test Execution folder under Telerik in your start menu, but I don't have this folder available. What am I missing and how can I obtain this? 

Also, my Test Studio Test Runner that is running in my ongoing programs bar states that its connected and running 4 test lists, which I believe are the ones I scheduled. However, that means that one of the lists, of 4 tests, has been running for 16 hours. 

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ivaylo
Telerik team
answered on 11 Aug 2015, 10:00 AM
Hello Sean,

I do not know why you are getting this behavior. I cannot reproduce it on my end. Please make sure you are running the latest Test Studio version which is 2015.2.723. Even the scheduled job is not present in the calendar for some reason you can verify the existence of the scheduled job which is a file on the disk of your local machine:

C:\Users<yourUserName>\AppData\Roaming\Telerik\TestStudio\Scheduler\ScheduleStorage

If you have the files there then the test list is successfully scheduled. You can try restarting Test Studio and see whether the scheduled run appears in the calendar.

Depends on how many scheduled runs you have they may overlap in execution. So to start on clear you can delete all the files in the mentioned folder and create the desired scheduled run, then just verify it existence in the folder.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Ivaylo
Telerik

The New Release of Telerik Test Studio Is Here! Download, install,
and send us your feedback!
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Sean
Top achievements
Rank 1