This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Not recording in Chrome...Version 2013.1.806.0

13 Answers 160 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Deepa
Top achievements
Rank 1
Deepa asked on 26 Aug 2013, 08:30 PM
We have the Telerik trial version downloaded ..Version 2013.1.806.0

Our application mainly intended to work with the Chrome browser...Right now works only with Chrome.
When I tried recording on the Chrome, no steps are recorded. I inserted the Verification point (like ...Verify object exist) and that is added to the script. But no actions are recorded.

Also I verified the chrome browser setting as per the Telerik doc.

Your help would be appreciated!

13 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Mario
Telerik team
answered on 29 Aug 2013, 09:08 PM
Hello Deepa,

Thank you for contacting Telerik Support.

When you begin recording with Chrome, does the recorder toolbar show at the bottom? Is the REC symbol visible? What version of Chrome are you using?

As for the Chrome browser settings, I suggest confirming that all required changes were made by using the Calibrate Browsers feature from your project settings. Also please confirm that the 'Telerik TestStudio Recorder' extension is properly installed and enabled.

Regards,
Mario
Telerik
The New Release of Telerik Test Studio Is Here! Download, install,
and send us your feedback!
Deepa
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Aug 2013, 12:40 PM
Hi Mario,
             Thank you for the reply!

I used the calibrate browser for setting chrome. Yes...I see the recording toolbar and symbol while recording. Also the 'Telerik studio recorder' is installed and enabled.
The chrome browser version which we are using is 29.0.1547.62.

Mario
Telerik team
answered on 03 Sep 2013, 10:23 PM
Hi Deepa,

Are you able to record action steps using the Chrome recorder against any other publicly accessible application?

If the issue persists no matter the test application then we would like  to take a look at your environment more directly via GoToMeeting. Let me know what time zone you are in and your availability and I'll setup the meeting. I'm in Austin, TX which is Central Time (GMT -6).

However if this issue is specific to recording against your specific test application then please provide us with the means to reproduce such behavior in our local environment by providing access. If direct access is not possible (eg. app is local and/or private), we can instead attempt to "simulate" your app through a captured Fiddler trace which you can also attach to this ticket in a zip. If you are unfamiliar with how to create one, this link will provide you with step-by-step instructions for download and use. Alongside the previous instructions, please make sure to enable the 'Store binaries' and 'Decrypt HTTPS traffic' options prior to starting the capture (see image).

Thanks for helping us advise you.

Regards,
Mario
Telerik
Deepa
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Sep 2013, 08:06 PM
Hi Mario,
              I tried recording on amazon/yahoo and still I dont see the recorded steps.
So , we can set up GoTo meeting so you can take a look at our environment.
I am in the EST and tomorrow the 6th, anytime in the afternoon would be good... Please let me know .Thank you.
Deepa
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Sep 2013, 02:14 PM
Hi Mario,
              Please let me know anytime this week so we can set up the goto meeting to figure out this issue.
I am on the EST timezone.
Mario
Telerik team
answered on 09 Sep 2013, 10:45 PM
Hi Deepa,

I'm sorry we were not able to meet the time slot from your original request, we are currently experiencing a spike in our support volume.

If any exist, please disable all other Chrome extensions which might conflict with the Test Studio recorder and confirm whether you still see the same behavior after doing so. Assuming the issue persists, please generate a fresh application for us to examine.

Regards,
Mario
Telerik
Deepa
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Sep 2013, 07:58 PM
Hi Mario,
             I disabled other Chrome extensions , still see the same issue.
The Application log did not have any information when checked at the time when recording was done.
Deepa
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Sep 2013, 08:17 PM
Also, while recording, in the Test studio recorder, I click the 'Expand Recording Menu' I see the four tabs DOM, QuickSteps, Verify, Actions.
DOM is displayed by default and I see html code in there. But I am not able to go to other tabs.  
May be this is related to the issue which we are discussing about !?
Rodney
Telerik team
answered on 13 Sep 2013, 07:04 PM
Hi Deepa,

Allow me to interject while Mario is out of the office. This is behavior we normally experience when using the standard Chrome navigation toolbar rather than the Test Studio Recording toolbar for navigation. Which toolbar are you typing the web addresses into? Here is where the address should be typed when you are recording.

Normally, when you type the address into the standard Chrome address bar, Test Studio will record Hover-Highlighting tasks but not much else (no navigation, click actions, etc....).

I agree, the application log won't give us much information about whats going on. I'm wondering if this could be workflow related. Take a short video of the behavior with the browser and Test Studio windows side by side. I recommend Jing for recording due to its simple interface, but you can use any screen recording software of your choosing. 

Regards,
Rodney
Telerik
Deepa
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Sep 2013, 05:29 PM
Hi Rodney,
                Thank you. I have attached a video which has the telerik and the application side by side, and you can see no steps are recorded.
Please let me know if you need any other details.
Rodney
Telerik team
answered on 19 Sep 2013, 05:09 PM
Hi Deepa,

Thank you for the video. 

What is the latest version of .NET Framework that you have installed? Can you verify that you are running version 4.5? As of Test Studio 2013.1.806, we require that you have at least .NET Framework version 4.5 installed. You can check using these instructions. If you need to update, you can download the latest version here: 

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653

Regards,
Rodney
Telerik
Deepa
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Sep 2013, 06:06 PM
Hi Rodney,
                 We have the .netframework 4.5 and I verified in the regedit...
Rodney
Telerik team
answered on 24 Sep 2013, 07:05 PM
Hello Deepa,

Try removing your current version (2013.1.806) and installing our latest version of Test Studio (2013.1.911). If you still aren't able to record in Chrome, install Test Studio on another machine in your environment. Does recording work on the other machine? 

Regards,
Rodney
Telerik
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Deepa
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by