In visual studio professional 2019 Empty step builder issue

1 Answer 239 Views
Coded Steps General Discussions VS Plugin
Archana
Top achievements
Rank 1
Archana asked on 29 May 2021, 02:08 AM

hi,

I'm trying to add coded step from step builder.Using telerik test studio plugin in visual studio professional 2019.

Empty step builder only displayed.I have tried to reinstall all the setup many times.But no luck kindly support me to resolve this issue.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Plamen Mitrev
Telerik team
answered on 31 May 2021, 09:37 AM

Hello Archana,

I am sorry to hear about the encountered issue with Step Builder and will try to help you resolve it.

Based on the provided information, I believe this issue is caused by the rendering optimization in Visual Studio 19's latest releases and it is common for a number of extensions like ours. To fix it, please follow the steps below to disable the rending optimization option in Visual Studio 2019 on your machine.

- Open Visual Studio 2019 and your project and enable the Step Builder (if it is not enabled already).
- Go to Tools -> Options and disable the option "Optimize rendering for screens with different pixel densities" in the General tab (see optimizeRenderingVS19.png).
- The above change requires you to restart Visual Studio, so do that and reopen the project.

I hope the above suggestion will help resolve the issue and you can continue using the Test Studio extensions in Visual Studio without any troubles. Please do not hesitate to contact us again, if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Plamen Mitrev
Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Test Studio course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.
Archana
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 02 Jun 2021, 03:32 PM

Solved thanks for your support
Plamen Mitrev
Telerik team
commented on 02 Jun 2021, 03:37 PM

I am happy to hear that, Archana. Have a great day!
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 14 Jun 2022, 06:13 PM

This appears to have fixed my issue in VS 2022 as well as VS 2019.

Daniel
Top achievements
Rank 3
Iron
Iron
Iron
commented on 24 Aug 2022, 09:21 AM

Solved my issue in VS19 too, thanks!
Tags
Coded Steps General Discussions VS Plugin
Asked by
Archana