Thank you for trying Test Studio.
I recorded the same test as you described with a slight difference. I added the button elements manually to the Element explorer and added a click steps for them through the step suggestions.
You also need to enable the simulate real typing of the type step (see the attached screen shot).
Here is a video with the entire process.
If I am missing something please provide more detailed information:
1. Please record a Jing video demonstrating the entire process, so we can better understand what is happening.
2. Send us the execution log.
3. Send us a copy of your test.
I am attaching the test I recorded in the video.
Let me know if this helps.
the Telerik team