This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Error when opening project VS2010 Express

3 Answers 59 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Kevin
Top achievements
Rank 2
Kevin asked on 02 Nov 2012, 01:14 AM
Hello,
I am attempting to open one of the sample projects in VS2010 Express but I am getting the following error:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Test Studio\Samples\Testing Framework\QuickStarts_VSTS_VB\QuickStarts_VSTS_VB.vbproj : error  : The project file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Test Studio\Samples\Testing Framework\QuickStarts_VSTS_VB\QuickStarts_VSTS_VB.vbproj' cannot be opened.

The project type is not supported by this installation."

Any ideas? Thanks for your time.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Plamen
Telerik team
answered on 02 Nov 2012, 08:31 AM
Hi Kevin,

Unfortunately our Visual Studio plug-in does not work in the Express edition of Visual Studio. This means you cannot open a Test Studio test in Visual Studio. See here for more information. 

All the best,
Plamen
the Telerik team
Are you enjoying Test Studio? We’d appreciate your vote in the ATI automation awards.
Vote now
Kevin
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 02 Nov 2012, 12:29 PM
Plamen,
Thanks for the response.

Can the Testing Framework be used with VS2010 Express?
I have installed the Framework(http://www.telerik.com/automated-testing-tools/free-testing-framework.aspx), rather than the Visual Studio plugin.

Thanks.
Plamen
Telerik team
answered on 07 Nov 2012, 12:56 PM
Hi Kevin,

Yes, you can use Telerik Testing Framework with VS2010 Express, but the disadvantage is that you will not be able to use the VS Unit Test templates(i.e. VsUnit, MbUnit, NUnit, xUnit). You will be able to create and execute tests only via Console Application.

Regards,
Plamen
the Telerik team
Are you enjoying Test Studio? We’d appreciate your vote in the ATI automation awards.
Vote now
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Kevin
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Plamen
Telerik team
Kevin
Top achievements