Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
272 views
Hello

I am using the latest build 1.8.0.0  (from the 2008 Q1 futures build)
(and have no other previous prometheus builds or references)

I have the the following in my web.config file

<

add path="ChartImage.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.ChartHttpHandler, Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2008.1.325.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4" validate="false" />


The Chart works fine on the Visual Studio's Development WebServer, -how ever when I try to view the same page via IIS it throws the following message...


HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found

The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.


Module IIS Web Core
Notification MapRequestHandler
Handler StaticFile
Error Code 0x80070002


Am I missing something ? 

Do i need to setup permissions?
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Mar 2008
2 answers
189 views
Could not Load file or assembly: Telerik.Web.UI, version 2007.3.1314.35

I started a webpage, used some prometheus tools (grid, tabs,...). Everything worked. I closed the program. Went away for a few days, came back, loged in, opened the program... and bang...
Without changing a thing VS2008 gives me this error om virtually every (but not all) tool I used (in design view).

The strange thing is that everything still compiles and the webpage still works.
But changing/adding thing sdoes not work at al

Any ideas?

How can I get him to find this file again? It is still showing in references and I still have all the tools available in the toolbox.

Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Mar 2008
4 answers
165 views
Hi,
I'm trying to open a RadWindow in the center of the users screen while "disabling" everything behind the window, until the window closes. Setting Modal="true" almost does the trick, but the window is then offset to the right and down. Or it is posistioning itself based on the item clicked. Either way, it's not centered in the browser window.

Should I be using something other than Modal? I never need more than one window open at a time.
Also, my RadWindows are different sizes so it seems that hardcoding an offset won't always work.... but I could be wrong.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Joe
Joe
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 29 Mar 2008
2 answers
226 views
I think this should be very simple, but even with all of the examples out there, I cannot figure this out.  I think lack of sleep is getting to me..

I have a RadGrid with some GripDropDownColumns.  I am using in-line editing.  I wish to populate the drop down lists in the columns with certain strings so I can limit user input to a static set of inputs.  I cannot just bind this to the database column, since all of the optional inputs may not be in there yet.

How do I achieve this?  I have seen an example using a edit template, but I'm not using a template.. simply in-line editing.

Thanks,
Stephen
Stephen
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Mar 2008
3 answers
397 views
Hello,

I have a RadAjaxPanel, which contains a RadGrid, Timer, and RadAjaxLoadingPanel.  The Ajax in the grid works correctly (expanding, sorting and such).  When doing these items, the RadAjaxLoadingPanel graphic displays as it should.

The timer is working properly in updating the panel.  However, when this timer update occurs, I do not get the RadAjaxLoadingPanel graphic in my grid, like I want.

Perhaps I am using the AjaxManager incorrectly? I have:
<telerik:RadAjaxManagerProxy ID="RadAjaxManagerProxy1" runat="server"> 
        <AjaxSettings> 
            <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="eventsGrid"> 
                <UpdatedControls> 
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="eventsGrid" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" /> 
                </UpdatedControls> 
            </telerik:AjaxSetting> 
        </AjaxSettings> 
    </telerik:RadAjaxManagerProxy> 

When I try to put the actual panel in there as well as the grid (or without the grid) like this:
<telerik:RadAjaxManagerProxy ID="RadAjaxManagerProxy1" runat="server"> 
        <AjaxSettings> 
            <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="eventsGrid"> 
                <UpdatedControls> 
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="eventsGrid" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" /> 
                </UpdatedControls> 
            </telerik:AjaxSetting> 
              
            <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="eventAjaxPanel"> 
                <UpdatedControls> 
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="eventAjaxPanel" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" /> 
                </UpdatedControls>  
            </telerik:AjaxSetting> 
        </AjaxSettings> 
    </telerik:RadAjaxManagerProxy> 

I have a different issue.  The loading graphic shows up at the timer event, but it doesn't go away.

I think I'm missing something simple here.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Stephen
Stephen
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Mar 2008
2 answers
137 views
Has anyone tried to run the js scripts through the yui compressor with any of the telerik controls? Before I go through the process I was curious if anyone has already tried this and what the results looked like. Also where any bugs introduced?

Thanks
Social_Quotient
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Mar 2008
3 answers
171 views
Hello:

My Tooltip has a button and a list. My questions are:

1. How do I close the tooltip (sticky) once the button is clicked; and

2. How do I refresh the contents of the tooltip (a DataList) once the button is clicked?

Thanks
blara
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Mar 2008
2 answers
194 views
Hi,

I recently updated a clients website to using Promethius.  The app is a c# .NET 2.0 web application.  I did install the prerequisite Ajax Extensions.  I can compile the application and access it locally but when I publish it to their staging site and access it from the internet I get a javascript error "System.WebForms.PageRequestManager is null or not an object".  I am using the demo version of Promethius.  I have also looked at several threads that point to a setting in the web.config file that is added when migrating the app from .Net 1.1.  This is not the case in my situation.  The app was never migrated and the setting is not in the config file.  I am using a masterpage.  I tried both the Rad and Microsoft scriptmanagers both in individual pages and just once in the master page.  Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks,

Dave

David
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Mar 2008
1 answer
57 views
Previously posted to wrong forum.  I'm using Prometheus.

I implemented the load on demand demo.  What I want to do is load the node from a web service call when it is expanded, and when it is collapsed I want to clear it (the tree can be very large, and I don't want to keep invisible nodes visible on the client side).  Eventually, I'll implement a more elaborate caching mechanism, but here is the problem:

When I hook into the client-side NodeCollapsed notification and clear the node contents, the next time it is expanded my web service method is not called.  Is there a flag or something I should be setting to let the node know it needs to re-populate again?

Thanks,

Joe
Joe
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Mar 2008
2 answers
162 views
Just wondering why you have HeaderTemplate and ItemTemplate, but no footer template?  It would be useful to specify a single table rather than a separate table for each item so things stay lined up better... just like you would with a ListView.

Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Mar 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?