Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
5 answers
164 views
How do i go about resizing the radeditor control in MOSS07?
We've created a wiki site and we're using the control, but it's too small on the editform.aspx page. How would we change the size without sharepoint designer?
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Mar 2008
2 answers
95 views
Hello!

I use the Grid of Prometheus Futures . Now I added:
<SortExpressions> 
    <telerik:GridSortExpression FieldName="Subject" SortOrder="Descending"> 
    </telerik:GridSortExpression> 
</SortExpressions> 

Everything is working fine until the Grid is empty. Then there is an exception in ASPX:
No property or field 'Subject' exists in type 'Object'.

I found nothing - neither in the forum nor in the domentation. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks and greetings,
Philip
Philip
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 31 Mar 2008
3 answers
164 views
Dear support,

I need be able to cancel the Slide change in some condition.  I have try the following code:

function HandleClientValueChange(sender, eventArgs) {
 var ok = false;
 // Do some caculation
 if(!ok) {
  sender.set_Value(eventArgs.get_oldValue());
  return;
 }
}

Unfortunatly it does not work.  Is there any way I can cancel out slider's change at client side?

Thanks,
Jeffery
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 31 Mar 2008
1 answer
88 views

I have a master / detail grid.  I have custom images set for the edit column and a seperate delete column.  When I copied over these two columns to the detail table within telerik:GridTableView, it refuses to use the images and uses the default images.  Only the custom images show at the master table level.  To recap, I have the code below in two places.  One is an edit column within the master table and the second is within the detail table.

<telerik:GridEditCommandColumn ButtonType="ImageButton"   
    HeaderStyle-Width="16px" ItemStyle-Width="16px"   
    ItemStyle-HorizontalAlign="Center"   
    Resizable="false" ItemStyle-Wrap="false" ItemStyle-VerticalAlign="Middle" 
    CancelImageUrl="~/images/x_only_11x11.gif"   
    EditImageUrl="~/images/pencil_only.gif"   
    UpdateImageUrl="~/images/check_only_11x11.gif"   
    InsertImageUrl="~/images/check_only_11x11.gif" 
    UniqueName="editEmailAddressColumn" 
> 
</telerik:GridEditCommandColumn> 
Pavel
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Mar 2008
3 answers
145 views
Hello,

It have an ascx with a RadAjaxManagerProxy + a RadTreeview + RadGrid
The grid disply info from the selected node in the treeview.

After first display of the page, when I select a node, I get a postback.
Then I select another node and it is an Ajax call ?

How to get rid of this initial postback ?
Could you help find my error, here is my ascx code ?

Thanks
CS

<%@ Control Inherits="AddonNice.WTPageModules.Pages.PortalPagesManager" Language="c#"
    AutoEventWireup="False" CodeBehind="PortalPagesManager.ascx.cs" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI"    Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>

<asp:ScriptManagerProxy ID="ScriptManagerProxy1" runat=server />
<telerik:RadCodeBlock ID="CodeBlock1" runat="server">
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
//<![CDATA[
function ContextMenuClick(node, itemText,itemID)
{    
 if (itemID == "EditName")
 {  
  node.StartEdit();
 }
 return true;
}

//]]>
// -->
</script>
</telerik:RadCodeBlock>
<telerik:RadAjaxManagerProxy ID="RadAjaxManagerProx1" runat="server" >
    <AjaxSettings>
        <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="DeleteBtn" >
            <UpdatedControls>
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadTree1" LoadingPanelID="AjaxLoadingPanel1" />
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadGrid1" LoadingPanelID="AjaxLoadingPanel1" />
            </UpdatedControls>
        </telerik:AjaxSetting>
        <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadTree1">
            <UpdatedControls>
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadTree1" LoadingPanelID="AjaxLoadingPanel1" />
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadGrid1" LoadingPanelID="AjaxLoadingPanel1" />
            </UpdatedControls>
        </telerik:AjaxSetting>
    </AjaxSettings>
</telerik:RadAjaxManagerProxy>
<table cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0">
    <tr>
        <td colspan="3">
            <table>
                <tr>
                    <td align="left">
                        <asp:Literal ID="Literal1" Text="<%$ Resources:ResourcesWTCRM,AM_TREEVIEW_HELP %>"
                            runat="server" />
                    </td>
                </tr>
                <tr>
                    <td align="center">
                        <asp:ImageButton ID="RenameBtn" SkinID="RenameBtn" AlternateText="<%$ Resources:ResourcesWTCRM,AM_CONTEXT_EDITNAME %>"
                            runat="server" />
                        <asp:ImageButton ID="EditBtn" SkinID="EditBtn" AlternateText="<%$ Resources:ResourcesWTCRM,EDITBTN %>"
                            runat="server" />
                        <asp:ImageButton ID="DeleteBtn" SkinID="DeleteBtn" AlternateText="<%$ Resources:ResourcesWTCRM,DELETEBTN %>"
                            runat="server" />
                        <asp:ImageButton ID="addBtn" SkinID="AddPage" AlternateText="<%$ Resources:ResourcesWTCRM,ADDTAB %>"
                            runat="server" />
                    </td>
                </tr>
            </table>
        </td>
    </tr>
    <tr valign="top">
        <td>
            <telerik:RadTreeView ID="RadTree1" AllowNodeEditing="True" MultipleSelect="False"
                Skin="Web20" Width="400" runat="server" BeforeClientContextClick="ContextMenuClick"
                DragAndDrop="True" DragAndDropBetweenNodes="True" CausesValidation="false" ShowLineImages="false"
                AutoPostBack="true" />
        </td>
        <td align="left">
            <telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGrid1" runat="server" GridLines="None" Skin="Web20" Width="400px"
                AutoGenerateColumns="False">
                <MasterTableView>
                    <ExpandCollapseColumn Visible="False" Resizable="False">
                        <HeaderStyle Width="20px" />
                    </ExpandCollapseColumn>
                    <RowIndicatorColumn Visible="False">
                        <HeaderStyle Width="20px" />
                    </RowIndicatorColumn>
                    <Columns>
                        <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="Name" HeaderText="<%$ Resources:ResourcesWTCRM,AM_NAME %>"
                            ItemStyle-Width='200' UniqueName="Name">
                        </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                        <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="Parameter" HeaderText="<%$ Resources:ResourcesWTCRM,AM_PARAMETER %>"
                            ItemStyle-Width='400' UniqueName="Parameter">
                        </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                    </Columns>
                </MasterTableView>
                <ExportSettings>
                    <Pdf PageBottomMargin="" PageFooterMargin="" PageHeaderMargin="" PageHeight="11in"
                        PageLeftMargin="" PageRightMargin="" PageTopMargin="" PageWidth="8.5in" />
                </ExportSettings>
            </telerik:RadGrid>
        </td>
        <td>
            <telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel ID="AjaxLoadingPanel1" runat="server" Height="75px"
                Width="75px" Style="position: absolute; left: 500px; top: 200px" IsSticky="True"
                Transparency="50">
                <asp:Image ID="Image1" runat="server" AlternateText="Loading..."  SkinID="WT_LoadingProgressBarr" >
                </asp:Image>
            </telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel>
        </td>
    </tr>
</table>

Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Mar 2008
3 answers
242 views

Hi

I'm trying to set focus to a control when in add or edit mode in a radgrid using the following code I got from reading existing posts.  I'm using automatic binding and in form editing.

radgridTimesheets.ClientSettings.ClientEvents.OnColumnCreated = "setTimeout(function(){document.getElementById('" + radcomboClient_Task.ClientID + "').focus();},200);"

However,  I receive a page error message stating that "Error: Expected '}'" and I cant see where I'm going wrong as the code looks OK to me.

Thanks

Richard

Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Mar 2008
1 answer
197 views
I'm wanting to accomplish the following and perhaps I'm  not headed down the right path.

I have a radgrid I put on my contentpage that will contain approx 60 rows. I want all the rows to always be in edit mode. I initally used the GridDropDownColumn but instead changed it to use GridTemplateColumns with a RadComboBox inside the template. I have 4 of these comboboxes for each row (along with a label and checkbox).

2 of the 4 comboboxes will be populated at run time. It works but when I do that it runs INCREDIBLY slow
I can see all the grid and controls loaded but my page isn't available yet and then I'll start getting IE7 Messages asking:
Stop running this script?
A script ont he page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly. If it continues to run you computer may become unresponsive.

I click through several of those messages and it will eventually load. I've also commented my code out when populating those 2 comboboxes at runtime and I do NOT get the IE error messages but it still is too slow.

What can I do to speed this up?

Thanks!
Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Mar 2008
1 answer
119 views
I have a rad pie chart where I have to show the chart series item labels for every series item i.e every slice of the pie chart to be shown inside the area of the slice. I have to show the Y values and percentages which i m showing using
series.DefaultLabelValue = "#Y (#%)";

Additionally I want to show the description for individual slice what ot stands for. E.g. I want to show the label 'Location' inside the area of the slice corresponding to chart series item 'location'.
I am using
            item.Label.Appearance.LabelLocation = StyleSeriesItemLabel.ItemLabelLocation.Inside;
but still its not working.
How to achieve this functionality?
Pavel
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Mar 2008
2 answers
167 views

I am implementing Grid with EnableViewState=false. And this is what I observed.

When View State is not enabled, NeedDataSource gets called after Page_Load. In NeedDataSource, it rebinds the grid; after that my other events get called which calls .Rebind() method again - after this the NeedDataSource does not get called again.

Desired behaviour would be that Rebind() calls NeedDataSource no matter what - but in above situation I did not observe that.

Is this by design?

-Piyush
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Mar 2008
7 answers
159 views
Hello,

I am trying to find a way to do either paging or scrolling on a per-group basis in a grid.  (As opposed to scrolling or paging the entire grid.)

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,
Stephen
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Mar 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?