Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
290 views
What is the easiest way to tell if a give node is a root node or not on the client side.  With the classic RadControls, I did this by using

if (node.Parent) { ...

This would return nothing if node was a root node, and a reference to the parent node if not.  With the Prometheus controls, however, if node is a root node, node.get_parent() returns a reference to the treeview itself, which means I need to convert code with this logic.  I'm just looking for the simplest way to do this.
Thanks.
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Mar 2008
1 answer
136 views

Hello,

I am trying to export a RadGrid to PDF, the problem that arises is that if  the RadGrid has many columns the PDF is wrong.
With overlapping columns, and so on.

The question is can be edited somewhat to the left horizontal pdf?

Greetings.

Juan

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Mar 2008
2 answers
182 views
Is there a configuration setting that allows the RadEditor to have a specified "Chrome Type" selected when the user puts the web part onto the page?
Eric
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Mar 2008
1 answer
84 views
I'm pretty new at Telerik's controls, but seems pretty easy. I'm trying to follow the tutorial regarding the RadAjaxManager. I'm having a problem where when I click on the configuration ajax manager button for the RadAjaxManager, it doesn't list ANY controls. Just the root node of control with nothing underneath it (of course no plus sign). I'm using the latest release: 2007.3 1425. Can anyone see why my controls aren't showing up?:

<%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/Admin/AdminPage.master" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="Admin_Default" Title="Untitled Page" %> 
 
<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1" Runat="Server"> 
 
<telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server">     
</telerik:RadAjaxManager>   
     
<table border="0" cellpadding="3"> 
<tr> 
<td width="150px"> 
    <asp:DropDownList ID="ddlDateRange" runat="server" Width="150px"  
        AutoPostBack="True" onselectedindexchanged="ddlDateRange_SelectedIndexChanged"> 
        <asp:ListItem Value="0">Today</asp:ListItem> 
        <asp:ListItem Value="1">Last Week</asp:ListItem> 
        <asp:ListItem Value="2">Last Month</asp:ListItem> 
        <asp:ListItem Value="3">Last Year</asp:ListItem> 
    </asp:DropDownList> 
</td> 
<td width="110px"> 
    <telerik:RadDatePicker ID="dpStart" runat="server"> 
    </telerik:RadDatePicker> 
</td> 
<td width="110px"> 
    <telerik:RadDatePicker ID="dpEnd" runat="server"> 
    </telerik:RadDatePicker> 
</td> 
</tr> 
</table>   
      
</asp:Content> 

My masterpage has <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" />. I even tried putting the RadAjaxManager after all my controls in the code above but same thing. I know that shouldn't make a difference but I'm at wits end. All examples in the tutorial have worked so far using the RadAjaxPanel, but I haven't been able to get the RadAjaxManager to work yet. Any suggestions or clues as to what's going on?
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Mar 2008
3 answers
170 views
Hi,
I try to grouping by expression on drag and drop. I use the expression from documentation as codebehind C#. But No solution only errors.
What are the problem?

ASPX
<radGrid:RadGrid ID="gridContacts" OnNeedDataSource="gridContacts_NeedDataSource" AutoGenerateColumns="false" SkinsPath="~/Sitefinity/Admin/Themes/Default/Skins/Grid" Skin="Sitefinity" 
                    OnItemCommand="ContactsGrid_Command" runat="server" 
                    GridLines="None" Width="95%" AllowPaging="true" AllowSorting="True" PageSize="25" ShowGroupPanel="true" OnGroupsChanging="RadGrid1_GroupsChanging" GroupingEnabled="true" ClientSettings-AllowDragToGroup= "true" > 
                    <ClientSettings AllowDragToGroup="True" /> 
                    <AlternatingItemStyle BackColor="#FFA500"  /> 
                    <ItemStyle BackColor="#FFFFFF"  /> 
                    <GroupPanel PanelStyle-Height="25px"/>  
                    <HeaderStyle Height="25px" BackColor="#637783"  /> 
                    <GroupHeaderItemStyle Height="20px" /> 
                      
                    <MasterTableView DataKeyNames="NbClients" AllowMultiColumnSorting="true" > 
                        <Columns> 


I use the Code from Documentation : Grouping in Drag and drop

Message d'erreur du compilateur: CS0019: L'opérateur '==' ne peut pas Ãªtre appliqué aux opérandes de type 'Telerik.Web.UI.GridGroupsChangingAction' et 'Telerik.WebControls.GridGroupsChangingAction'  
 
Erreur source:  
 
   
 
Ligne 204 :        //Expression is added (by drag/grop on group panel)  
Ligne 205 :  
Ligne 206 :        if (e.Action == GridGroupsChangingAction.Group)  
Ligne 207 :        {  
Ligne 208 :            if (e.Expression.GroupByFields[0].FieldName != "NbClients")  
   
 
 Without == but only =
New ERROR
Message d'erreur du compilateur: CS0200: La propriété ou l'indexeur 'Telerik.Web.UI.GridGroupsChangingEventArgs.Action' ne peut pas Ãªtre assigné -- il est en lecture seule  
 
Erreur source:  
 
   
 
Ligne 204 :        //Expression is added (by drag/grop on group panel)  
Ligne 205 :  
Ligne 206 :        if (e.Action = GridGroupsChangingAction.Group)  
Ligne 207 :        {  
Ligne 208 :            if (e.Expression.GroupByFields[0].FieldName != "NbClients")  
   
 
Pepi
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Mar 2008
4 answers
530 views
In my _ItemDataBound method, I am checking to see if a BoundColumn item is an empty/null string (i.e. the database field was empty).

I have this:

protected void systemsConfigGrid_ItemDataBound( object sender, GridItemEventArgs e ) 
    { 
       if(e.Item is GridDataItem) 
        { 
            GridDataItem dataItem = e.Item as GridDataItem; 
 
            string authSerialNumber = dataItem["serialNumber"].Text; 
 
            if(String.IsNullOrEmpty(authSerialNumber)) 
             { 
                //Do something 
            } 
          } 
      } 
 

However, this piece of code never goes inside of the if check, even though I'm staring right at the serialNumbers column and it definitely has some empty fields.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Stephen
Stephen
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Mar 2008
1 answer
97 views
Hi
        How to set the ToolTip on Line Series?
 
Thanks
Swapnil
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Mar 2008
4 answers
131 views
With above property I can switch between opened and closed groups on data bind. My problem is that I cannot open or close more than one group. If property is true only one group can be expanded. If property is false only one group can be collapsed. Is there an option to open/close as many groups as I want?
Markus
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Mar 2008
1 answer
169 views
I need multiple toolbars on a page.  Sometimes up to 5.  With previous RadControls for ASP.NET, Telerik advised to use RadMenu instead of RadToolbar because RadMenu was faster on the serverside and clientside.  Is this still the case or should I switch to RadToolbar now? 

Here's the post comparing old versions of RadMenu vs RadToolbar:
http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-kdtae.aspx

Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Mar 2008
7 answers
247 views
SelectedValue property is not being set in combobox after selecting item that is loaded from a webservice.  I have a webusercontrol I am using as the edit control for a radgrid and I have a combobox in the usercontrol.  My combobox is loading the items from a webservice.  When I go to save the changes the Text property is set to the correct text but the SelectedValue is not set. I have tried to hook the OnClientSelectedIndexChanging event and set the value myself but it is not persisting to the server side.  Any help with this would be really appreciated.

Jason
Jason Maronge
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Mar 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?