Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
116 views
I am using a grid with custom sorting and using the OnNeedDataSource tag which I use to fetch some data from a remote source (a lengthy call).

I want to enable custom sorting ... is there a way to do this so that I can sort the data in the grid entirely using the grid's Viewstate? I want to avoid making the query again (expensive because it is database plus network service calls)?

Is the Grid's data contained entirely in the Viewstate? Or do I have to re-create my Datasource every time the user sorts a column?

Thanks!!
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Mar 2008
1 answer
65 views
We've just found that when you add a new word to the custom dictionary, it is stored in a single text file, shared by all users. Is there any way to make it user specific?

Also, presumeably there will be problems in web farms?

If these issues can't be resolved, can the option be removed from the popup/context menu?
George
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Mar 2008
9 answers
292 views
I need to set Height at design time and Backcolor at runtime, but both settings will be ignored. are those bug solved in the next control release or is there a work arround available?
Markus
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Mar 2008
1 answer
194 views
Hi,

Can anybody explain is there any way to set the offsetX and offsetY dynamically?

I am using RadComboBox Promotheus, And i have a requirement to set the offsetX and offsetY dynamically.

I tried to set from javascript by getting the object reference, but i enble to find offsetX and offsetY properties in the javascript.

Regards
Balaji Velasiri.
Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Mar 2008
1 answer
167 views
I'm using DotNeetNuke on a homepage and wanted to implement a module with the scheduler for keeping track of timeslots. Could anyone post am example application of such an module? Or point me in the proper direction.

Thanks in advance

ahm
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Mar 2008
1 answer
165 views
Hi,

After hours of trying to figure it out I'm giving up - why is it so hard to get the selected date out of the RadDatePicker inside of the RadGrid FormTemplate?  Here's my scenario: I have a Collection of objects that I'm trying to bind to RadGrid.  That part works fine - when I first load my items everything, including the dates, is displaying fine.  The problem starts when I try to update/insert items.  With the update I tried binding the Date in my objects to SelectedDate and DbSelectedDate - neither works.  The day will show up in the form, but no matter what I, after I hit update the date goes back to what it was originally.  I intercept the update command and modify my objects, but when I put a breakpoint right after my date assignment, I can see that the SelectedDate and DbSelectedDate is set to what it was originally and not what I have selected.
With Insert command the story is similar - when I insert a new item the date I selected disappears and instead a null value is placed in my objects.  Editing them doesn't change anything - selected values are always overwritten with the original, null value.
I am beyond frustrated at this, seeing as all I'm trying to do is get a simple value from the RadDatePicker.  Why is it so hard??

I have looked at all the examples of using the DbSelectedDate and all - none of them seem to help me

Thanks,

Marek
Ves
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Mar 2008
2 answers
150 views
Hello,

When setting the pinned parameter of a RadDock to true, the RadDock is expanded beyond its container and all RadDocks overlap.

2007 Q3 Prometheus:


RadDock rdoAlert = new RadDock();

           
            rdoAlert.Pinned = true;
            rdoAlert.Text = woAlert.title;
            rdoAlert.ID = woAlert.uID;
            rdoAlert.UniqueName = woAlert.uID;           
            rdoAlert.Width = Unit.Percentage(100);
            rdoAlert.DefaultCommands =    Telerik.Web.UI.Dock.DefaultCommands.None;
            rdoAlert.ToolTip = woAlert.toolTip;
            rdoAlert.Title = woAlert.title;

Thank you,

Travis
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Mar 2008
3 answers
89 views
I am using the grid to display DB data. I set the grid to have client side column reordering with Insert mode (not swap mode).

When I drag a column to another position, the reordering works about 50% of the time. The other 50%, either nothing happens or the column is placed at the wrong position.

Please give me an idea of what I am doing wrong.

Mohamed
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Mar 2008
1 answer
74 views

Issue:

1) Resize the IE window so that it does not take up the whole computer screen.

2) Click and hold down the mouse button to drag and drop a node in tree view.

3) Drag the node outside of the IE window. When the mouse pointer exits the IE window, the node text keeps hanging at the browser boundary.

Issue #1: Ideally one would expect that when mouse exits the browser window while dragging a node, the node text should vanish rather than stay at the boundary.

4) Release mouse button while still outside browser. Now bring your mouse pointer back into the IE window.

Issue #2: When the mouse is brought back to the browser with no button pressed, The node text that was stuck at the boundary in the previous step now starts following it. Even though you have released the mouse button the node name is still attached to the mouse until you click the mouse again inside the browser. 

These seem strange in terms of user experience. I could see the same happening even on Telerik's Prometheus tree view demo website as well.

Is this a known issue? Can someone from Telerik please tell us if this is being fixed or if there is a workaround to this?

Thanks
Amit

Dimitar Milushev
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Mar 2008
1 answer
126 views
Hi
    I have created Bar graph with Some Line series. I want to give tooltip on each bar or each line series, I have got ToolTip only on Bar but it's not get on the Line Series, So Please give me the hint for How to apply ToolTip on line Series?

Thanks 
Swapnil 
Giuseppe
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Mar 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?