2011.1.624.0 and 2011.1.712.0 Issue

6 posts, 0 answers
  1. Sebastian
    Sebastian avatar
    80 posts

Posted 18 Jul 2011 Link to this post

When I open a test, I see the end of the test not step 1.2.3.etc.
    Also when I delete a step or group of steps, it throws me to the last step after the delete is done.
    Then I have to find my way back to the steps I was working with.
    3rdly, When I copy steps from one test to another, the order or the steps is reversed.
    This does me no good at all.
  2. Plamen
    Admin
    Plamen avatar
    8 posts

Posted 19 Jul 2011 Link to this post

Hi Sebastian,

Did you have the chance to try version 2011.1.712? I see you have it since yesterday. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that some of the issues are already solved.
    1. When I open a test, I see the end of the test not step 1.2.3.etc.
         -  This problem is already fixed in version 2011.1 712.

2. When I delete a step or group of steps, it throws me to the last step after the delete is done.
    Then I have to find my way back to the steps I was working with. 
        - You are right about this one, it is really annoying especially if you have a large number of execution steps. I'm logging it as a bug and you can track its progress in our PITS system here.

3. When I copy steps from one test to another, the order or the steps is reversed
        -  This problem is already fixed in version 2011.1 712.

If you are still experiencing problems 1 and 3, please let me know, because I'm using this version and am not able to reproduce it.

All the best,
    Plamen
    the Telerik team
    Register today for a live 'What's New in Test Studio R1 2011 SP2' event on Tuesday, July 19 at 2pm EST!

Have you looked at the new Online User Guide for Telerik Test Studio?
  3. Sebastian
    Sebastian avatar
    80 posts

Posted 19 Jul 2011 Link to this post

All three are still happening to me in rev 2011.1.712.0
    This may be due to the fact that I upgraded and didn't uninstall first?
  4. Plamen
    Admin
    Plamen avatar
    8 posts

Posted 20 Jul 2011 Link to this post

Hi Sebastian,

I have to confirm that you were right for the first issue too. I'm logging it as feature request, you can track its progress here.

As for the third issue, I confirm that there was such issue before and it is fixed in 2011.1.712. The upgrade should solve this problem for you, no matter you uninstalled the older version or not. Please check if the third issue still persist and let me know.  If it is, could you record a video of this happening on your machine please? Jing is a good and free screen recorder.

All the best,
    Plamen
    the Telerik team
    Register today for a live 'What's New in Test Studio R1 2011 SP2' event on Tuesday, July 19 at 2pm EST!

5. Sebastian
    Sebastian avatar
    80 posts

Posted 20 Jul 2011 Link to this post

Here is a video of me opening a project and deleting a step.
  6. Plamen
    Admin
    Plamen avatar
    8 posts

Posted 22 Jul 2011 Link to this post

Hi Sebastian,

Thank you for this video. It describes in details the difficulties you are experiencing while working with our product. I'm sending the video to our developers and hope it will be fixed soon. I have updated your Telerik points as compensation. 

Greetings,
    Plamen
    the Telerik team