Hello Kristine and Jason,
Yes, it seems to be the case that all of the posts have the error occurring after the login.
@Jason, just to confirm quickly, are you testing over a Silverlight app also ? And do you have a custom coded step also for the login and subsequent test step as Kristine does?
Kristine's custom code step does something similar to a wait for visible with Wait.ForExists(5000000);. There is also a Wait For Visible Quick Task Test Step from the Elements Menu you can add over any element when you highlight it in the Recording Window.
But for the error, there are a few things we can try:
- Add a 'Wait For Url' test step from the 'Add' drop down dialog and adjust time out as necessary
- Add an 'Execution Delay Test Step' also from the 'Add' drop down dialog and adjust time out as necessary
@Kristine, if the above Wait For Url or Delay Step do not work, about how long does it take to transition from Login to the Text Block Page? Please try increasing the following options: Client Ready Timeout, Execute Command Timeout, Silverlight Command timeout. They are found in:
- Dev Edtion: .testrunconfig file -> WebAiiTest -> General Tab
- QA Edition: Test List Tab -> Edit Settings
If the above does not work, you can try editing the Get function in the Project.cs File.
- Dev edition, you can just right click on 'HomeTextblock' -> Go To Definition
- QA edition, you would need to open the Project.cs file from the Test Project location in an text editor.
Once you find the Get Function for 'HomeTextblock' in the Project.cs file, please try editing it like the following:
The Find String that already exists for the Get should be where the blue String is, with just the true boolean and time out added to the function.
Please let me know if you have any questions on the above.
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking
system and vote to affect the priority of the items