This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Test Studio in VS 2008

7 Answers 46 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Clark Roberts
Top achievements
Rank 1
Clark Roberts asked on 13 May 2011, 09:57 PM
I installed Test Studio 2011.1 and created a test studio project in Visual Studio 2008. First of all it created a Reference to ArtOfTest.Common which doesn't exist. Second The WebTest1.tstest or any .tstest will not open. It throws an error "The operation could not be completed" Am I missing something from the install?

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
answered on 16 May 2011, 11:39 AM
Hi Clark,

Thanks for writing.

I just noticed I've answered the same via a support ticket you have opened on the matter. I suspect the problem comes from a failed upgrade due to older version so it worth's trying a clean install.

I hope this helps!

Best wishes,
Konstantin Petkov
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get now >>

Max
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Jul 2012, 03:09 PM

I see the same error, "The operation could not be completed", when trying to open the tsttest file.

I have Test Studio 2012.1.5280 installed, with Visual Studion 2010 Version 10.0.40219.1 SP1Rel

Anthony
Telerik team
answered on 11 Jul 2012, 03:58 PM
Hello Max,

Please see our troubleshooting article on this topic.

Regards,
Anthony
the Telerik team
Quickly become an expert in Test Studio, check out our new training sessions!
Test Studio Trainings
Max
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Jul 2012, 08:59 AM

Thanks for pointing me at that.

I have now worked through both those solutions, but still get the same error message.

Anthony
Telerik team
answered on 19 Jul 2012, 10:24 PM
Hello Max,

First I'd like you to upgrade to our official Service Pack 2 release, version 2012.1.719, available for download from your Telerik.com account.

If you continue to have difficulty, please place your project folder in a zip file and attach it here. If you deem that information too sensitive for a public forum, please attach it to a new support ticket (which is confidential) and reference this thread.

Kind regards,
Anthony
the Telerik team
Test Studio Trainings
Max
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Jul 2012, 08:13 AM
Not a problem at all, there isn't anything sensitive in the project - I was just trying to use the Visual Studio extensions for the first time.
Anthony
Telerik team
answered on 20 Jul 2012, 03:05 PM
Hello Max,

Thank you for the project. I loaded it in Test Studio version 2012.1.528 and 2012.1.719, but did not receive the error. We are also running the same version of Visual Studio. This leads me to believe there is something peculiar with your TS and/or VS installation.

I have now worked through both those solutions, but still get the same error message.

Can you be more specific as to what steps you followed? At the very minimum we'd like you to uninstall Test Studio and install it anew (preferably the 2012.1.719 version linked prior). If that doesn't do the trick, you may have to take more extreme action:

1. Uninstall Test Studio.
  2. Uninstall Visual Studio.
  3. Reboot.
  4. Install Visual Studio, including Service Pack.
  5. Install Test Studio.

I realize this is a lengthy and undesirable process, but unfortunately the Operation Could Not Be Completed error message thrown by Visual Studio is so vague that we haven't been able to pinpoint the exact cause. Thus the best we can offer is to ensure a solid installation.

Greetings,
Anthony
the Telerik team
Test Studio Trainings
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Clark Roberts
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
Max
Top achievements