I have Telerik Test Studio [Version: 2012.2.1420] installed on Windows Server 2008 R2 OS. I am facing a weird issue of scheduling with the application. i have SQL Express Version  installed too.
The problem -
I am trying to schedule a test on the same machine where both execution & scheduling servers are present. From the Project -> Scheduling tab, I click on 'Connect' option. here I specified the local machine's URL to connect to. The service URL is something like "http://<LOCAL HOST>:8009/TestStudio/SchedulingService.
The 'Test Connection' function is successful. The Schedule runs from the local version of one of my test. However when I try to 'REGISTER', I get an error. The error description is in the attached screenshot. Can someone please help resolve this issue?
10 Answers, 1 is accepted
That error message means you need to fix the logon permissions for that user within your SQL Server (SQL Express in this case). Some how the login credentials for the user "TestUser" has expired. We usually see this on full corporate SQL Servers where it's mandatory to change the password every N days. If the password isn't changed within that time you run into this particular error.
FYI, the connection succeeds because it's not actually trying to login at that time. It's only opening a TCP connection to your SQL Server to verify it is connectable.
Also, are there any step by step instructions on how I can get a test/test list scheduled to be run on a machine that has the run-time libraries? This would immensely help me in scheduling and get the work done.
The only way to find out what it's currently using is by cracking open the config file our Storage service loads. That file is stored at:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Test Studio\StorageService\CloudStorageSelfHost.exe.config
When you open it up, look at the connection string. For example:
If you want to change it, and use our UI to change it, you'll have to re-run the installer.
are there any step by step instructions on how I can get a test/test list scheduled to be run on a machine that has the run-time libraries
By this, do you mean by just copying the binaries to a machine and hope it will run? This is not possible. You must install Test Studio using our installer in order for it to work. This is because our installer also:
- Sets required registry keys
- Installs required browser add-ons
Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately I am not able to locate the folder "StorageService" on my machine [We have a full licensed version of Telerik]. Do you know what is the reason? So, once I figure that out only then I will be able to check as to which SQL server the installation is pointing to.
Secondly, when I said Step-by-Step instructions for scheduling, I meant how I can do the actual scheduling itself. I do have a full licensed version of telerik (both Developer and Run time licenses). I did refer to the "Scheduling & Execution Servers" link prior to posting this issue. But, it was of not much use. On all the machines where Telerik was installed, we did configure them to serve Scheduling too.
So, at this point I do not know what other options I have to rectify the issue.
I'd like to look at this problem on your computer via GoToMeeting. Let me know what time zone you are in and your availability and I'll setup the meeting. I'm in Austin, TX which is Central Time (GMT -6).
I am in Virginia - EST. You can setup the meeting anytime today before 5 PM EST except between 2:30 to 3 PM.
How about Noon EST?
1. Please join my meeting, Monday, November 04, 2013 at 11:00 AM Central Standard Time.
2. Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended. Or, call in using your telephone.
Dial +1 (805) 309-0012
Access Code: 653-498-093
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting
Meeting ID: 653-498-093
Thanks for setting up the meeting. I will join the meeting at 12 PM EST. Would it be possible to discuss few other questions I have regarding test execution, reporting, error handling etc in the meeting? Please let me know.
Just to document the outcome of our meeting:
- I discovered you're actually using 2012.2.1420 (the ticket was marked 2013.1 911)
- We tried to reconfigure your scheduling server to use the local SQL Express. Your SQL account does not have permissions needed to set this up. You will work with your IT department to resolve this.
- You will upgrade to 2013 version of Test Studio. I recommend getting our latest internal build, 2013.1.1002. It is very stable.
- I showed you how to view detailed test results.
- You talked about how you had to use a desktop click in one specific case. I need to see the application before I can troubleshoot why. We ran out of time to work on this. We'll come back to this after you upgrade. Please put this problem on a different ticket since it's unrelated to scheduling.