Thank you for sharing details on the faced issue.
The described behavior is actually expected as the job is not properly terminated and the Scheduler did not get proper response. Though it is not quite convenient and could introduce further difficulties for not distributing results, etc.
We are aware of that inconsistent behavior and we are working on improving the whole setup and communication between the components to provide a stable and satisfying user experience. Although that task is still in progress and there is no exact estimation when to be expected I would like to share we appreciate all feedback we get in regards the remote scheduling configuration.
Also I would like to share an approach how to overwhelm that without dropping the database. Please follow these steps:
1. Double check the Manage result
s view and delete any test lists without End TIme.
2. Exit Test Studio and the Test Runners on each machine included in the remote setup.
3. Restart the Telerik services
on the machine which acts as a Scheduler.
4. Type in the start menu Scheduling configuration on the machine which hosts the Scheduler.
5. Click on Apply on each of the tabs.
6. Start Test Studio and the Runners one by one.
Even any previously scheduled tests are supposed to start after performing these actions.
Another recommendation I could share is to build and construct the automation tests in a stable way to avoid such unexpected hangs. Then when the scripts are reliable enough you could run them on a remote machine.
Thanks in advance for your cooperation.