This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Questions for the new release Telerik2013.2.1327

5 Answers 14 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Fion
Top achievements
Rank 1
Fion asked on 21 Feb 2014, 10:36 AM
Hi Team,

Recently I upgrade telerik from 2012.2 to 2013.2.1327, everything seems pretty good especially for cross browser to be much more stable. When I try to run test list, seems this function is unstable, because sometime it will show the compile error( and the error log is incomplete), then I restart Telerik and run expect with no error pop up, or give no response just the run icon is disabled and I can't see it's status because no test runner control popup when I run list, is there any configuration that I may miss?

Thanks in advance,

Fion

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Fion
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Feb 2014, 07:37 AM
I have figured out where to view test runner controller while run test list, also know why there is no response when I try to run test list sometime for the fact that there is an unexpected exception captured "SystemOutOfMemory", so I go ahead to click "Abort Run", seems log in "GUI Test Runner" not stopped, still showing the exception, then I try to run list again, still no response including the log in Runner, please help?

Ivaylo
Telerik team
answered on 26 Feb 2014, 11:26 AM
Hello Fion,

I am sorry you are experiencing this problem. Please note that exceptions such as System out of memory are quite hard to reproduce in order to investigate further. Usually it is connected with poor performance of the machine you are using for execution.

Could you please try running your test list on a different and more powerful machine and see if you'll get the same behavior.

Regards,
Ivaylo
Telerik
The New Release of Telerik Test Studio Is Here! Download, install,
and send us your feedback!
Ivaylo
Telerik team
answered on 26 Feb 2014, 11:27 AM
Hello Fion,

I am sorry you are experiencing this problem. Please note that exceptions such as System out of memory are quite hard to reproduce in order to investigate further. Usually it is connected with poor performance of the machine you are using for execution.

Could you please try running your test list on a different and more powerful machine and see if you'll get the same behavior.

Regards,
Ivaylo
Telerik
Fion
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Feb 2014, 02:59 AM
Hi, Ivaylo

Thanks for your time.
Yes, you're right, System out of memory exception occurred on the machine with poor performance, before I'm upgrading(using 2012.2 version of Telerik), also have the exception and it won't effect currently testing, run all tests in list expectantly. Now I'm using the latest version, the exception will just stop current testing and run test list function won't work until I restart Telerik.

BTW, is there any documentation(Eg: release guide) for the version2013.2, as I only saw the 2013 R1, I want to compare with 2012.2 Telerik to evaluate whether it's necessary to upgrade for project.

Thanks,
Fion
Ivaylo
Telerik team
answered on 27 Feb 2014, 04:18 PM
Hello Fion,

You are most welcome.
By release guide I assume you mean Release notes. You can find them by logging into your account and navigate to Product & Subscribtions > Test Studio > Download (Installer and other resources) > Release notes.

Please refer to the screenshot attached.

Regards,
Ivaylo
Telerik
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Fion
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by