This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Need help : Test list not executing more than 4 Tests with new Version 2013.1.827. Any Success ?

5 Answers 26 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Girish
Top achievements
Rank 1
Girish asked on 10 Sep 2013, 05:53 AM
HI,

did anyone used new internal build , which claims that the test list issue is resolved . I tried using the new internal build, but still not able to execute more than 4 test cases in a list. 
our project is of size 700 mb and i cannot share the project due to confidentiality.

Pls let us know if any other way to resolve the issue that i am facing ? This has been show stopper for us and the entire team is spending 10X more time in running each tests .

Pls help !!

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Boyan Boev
Telerik team
answered on 10 Sep 2013, 07:32 AM
Hello Girish,

This problem seems to be a duplicate to the issue that you described in your other support ticket  732199. Let's continue our discussion there.  

Regards,
Boyan Boev
Telerik
The New Release of Telerik Test Studio Is Here! Download, install,
and send us your feedback!
Girish
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Sep 2013, 07:59 AM
Boen,

As discussed in today's GTM with support folks, we were updated by the Telerik support team that this issue is caused due to the Size of our project.

The support team suggested us 2 work around- 1. Upgrading the system with higher hardware configuration and 2. To split the projects into separate small projects.

Thanks a lot to the team for helping us in identifying the cause of the issue. Appreciate the same.

We have some queries related to the work around suggested. Requesting you to kindly check and answer.

A. Is the higher hardware configuration - 8GB & above RAM, a successfully worked out method for this issue?

B. We have some scenarios were in we need to do the integration of different modules. Suppose if we are splitting the modules into separate projects, how we can do the integration of the scenarios that are across different projects.
C. Regarding the size of the project: Is there a way to compress the size of the project? If yes, can you please guide us through the same?

Thanks once again.

Boyan Boev
Telerik team
answered on 12 Sep 2013, 02:20 PM
Hi Girish,

My colleague Ivaylo will continue the discussion in ticket 732891. 

Thank you.

Regards,
Boyan Boev
Telerik
Catherine
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Sep 2014, 06:26 PM
Hello -

My team struggles with the same issues you describe.  I am wondering if you upgraded your hardware and if so, did it help?  What did you upgrade to?  All of my execution servers are configured with 4GB of RAM and 126GB of Hard Drive space.  I'm wondering if this is insufficient and contributing to the test scheduling bottleneck?

I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks.
Boyan Boev
Telerik team
answered on 19 Sep 2014, 10:30 AM
Hello Catherine,

Thank you for contacting us.

What exactly issues do you experience. Girish has multiple OutOfMemory Excpetions.

In this case we are recommending the following:

1. Run the project on more powerful machine.

2. Split your project into a few smaller projects. The best way here is to make the separate projects independent each other so you can execute them properly.

3. In order to reduce the size of a project usually we advise to remove backup folder and .resx files. 

However you machine looks good.

Please give us more detailed information about the issue and the size of the project.

Hope to hear from you soon. 

Regards,
Boyan Boev
Telerik

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Girish
Top achievements
Rank 1