This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

msbuld issue with 2013.1.806.0

10 Answers 87 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
John asked on 27 Aug 2013, 03:33 PM
After upgrading our build machiines to 2013.1.806.0, I'm seeing this issue when trying to build:

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets (1578): The primary reference "ArtOfTest.WebAii.Design, Version=2013.1.806.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4fc62bbc3827ab1d, processorArchitecture=MSIL" could not be resolved because it has an indirect dependency on the framework assembly "System.Net.Http, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" which could not be resolved in the currently targeted framework. ".NETFramework,Version=v4.0". To resolve this problem, either remove the reference "ArtOfTest.WebAii.Design, Version=2013.1.806.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4fc62bbc3827ab1d, processorArchitecture=MSIL" or retarget your application to a framework version which contains "System.Net.Http, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a".

Any ideas?

10 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Aug 2013, 07:17 PM
I solved this problem by retargetting all the csproj's to .net 4.5.
Cody
Telerik team
answered on 27 Aug 2013, 07:25 PM
Hello John,

Thank you very much for letting us know how you solved this problem!

Regards,
Cody
Telerik
The New Release of Telerik Test Studio Is Here! Download, install,
and send us your feedback!
Lukasz
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Dec 2013, 07:49 AM
Hi,

Is there another way to fix this issue (other than changing the target to .NET 4.5)? I have the same problem with 2013.3.1016.

Regards,
Lukasz
Velin Koychev
Telerik team
answered on 13 Dec 2013, 10:33 AM
Hello Lukasz,

I am sorry to hear that  you are experiencing this issue.

If I understand you correctly, you receive exactly the same exception and this problem was not resolved by changing to .NET 4.5.

Can you try also to remove the reference to ArtOfTest.WebAii.Design dll and add it again?
If this doesn't help, is there a way you can provide us with the project so we can reproduce the issue on our end and give you a solution.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Velin Koychev
Telerik
Lukasz
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Dec 2013, 11:22 AM
Hi,

My problem is that I get the same reference warning and following error when trying to build project using Telerik Testing Framework:
The type or namespace name 'ArtOfTest' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I just installed the newest Telerik Testing Framework (uninstalled previous one) and created new project in VS but the problem still appears.

It can be "fixed" by changing the target framework to .NET 4.5 but I need it to run with .NET 4.0, so changing target is not an option and that's why I asked if there's another way for fixing it.

I think that it's related rather to Telerik Testing Framework than Test Studio, so if there's no quick solution I will create new thread in appropriate forum.

Regards,
Lukasz
Velin Koychev
Telerik team
answered on 18 Dec 2013, 08:42 AM
Hi Lukasz,

Thank you for the clarifications.

I am able to reproduce the same error only when I change the target framework to .NET Framework 3.5 (and that is expected behavior). However, you should be able to build successfully the project when you target .NET Framework 4.0.

Could you please send us a sample project that reproduces the same problem,  so we can reproduce the issue on our end and give you a solution. 

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Velin Koychev
Telerik
Lukasz
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Dec 2013, 11:08 AM
Hi,

I attached the sample project. It targets the .NET framework 4.0 which fails the build. Changing it to 4.5 fixes the problem.
I will be grateful for any clues how to solve it.

Thanks,
Lukasz
Velin Koychev
Telerik team
answered on 20 Dec 2013, 03:49 PM
Hi Lukasz,

Thank you for sending us the project files.
Unfortunately I am still not able to reproduce your issue. I've recorded a short video for demonstration. 

Could you please try to reproduce the same issue against our latest Latest Internal Build (2013.2.1219) of the framework or even our latest official build (2013.2.1210). 

Which version of Visual Studio and what OS you are using?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Velin Koychev
Telerik
Lukasz
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Jan 2014, 08:54 AM
Hi,

Sorry for late response. The same situation is with latest build. I'm using VS Professional 2012 running on Win 7 64-bit.

When I moved the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Test Studio" folder to my project's lib folder and then uninstalled the Telerik Testing Framework I was able to successfully build the project. However, I get the exception when running tests (so I guess Telerik Testing Framework must be installed):

"Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.TestingFramework.Interop, Version=2013.2.1210.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8ca00d3e0ebd4b8b' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.":"Telerik.TestingFramework.Interop, Version=2013.2.1210.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8ca00d3e0ebd4b8b"

Maybe I have something messed up with my dlls. I will try to install and run TTF on "clean" OS when I have a chance. Thanks for help.
Velin Koychev
Telerik team
answered on 14 Jan 2014, 08:04 AM
Hello Lukasz,

Thank you for your information.

It seems that we are using the same environment (unless there are some specific restrictions on your side).

Let me know whether a fresh install of TTF does help you.

Regards,
Velin Koychev
Telerik
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by