This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Mandatory fields validation

1 Answer 156 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Name
Top achievements
Rank 1
Name asked on 12 Mar 2019, 02:22 PM

Hello.

I have form with mandatory fields in WPF application and code that makes tests based on Telerik Testing Framework. When my controls (TextBoxes in this case) are in error state they are outlined with red border (as it is shown in the attached file). Windows control TextBox has properties Validation.HasError and Validation.Errors (collection). Visibility of red border depends on them. But wrappers such as ArtOfTest.WebAii.Silverlight.UI.TextBox does not expose access to Validation. I tried to get access to the red border that is actually made by AdornerDecorator through the VisualTree. But ArtOfTest.WebAii.Controls.Xaml.Wpf.AdornedElementPlaceholder does not have AdornedElement property that exists in the wrapped AdornedElementPlaceholder  and allows to connect certain Adorner with the TextBox element it is created for. 

Is there any approach how I can check in code fields validation state ?

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Elena
Telerik team
answered on 15 Mar 2019, 02:34 PM
Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Test Studio and the Testing framework. 

The described issue seems to be specific for the controls in the application under test. Therefore, my recommendation will be to explore the properties and fields of the Silverlight.UI.TextBox listed here and verify if any of these will suit the necessary verification. 

In case this is still not helpful, I would like to know if there is any possibility to provide us the application under test or a sample one which replicates the same controls. That way, we can test this on our end and possibly find a possible solution for the scenario. 

I hope the provided resources will be useful for you. However, in case of any further questions, please get back to us. 

Regards,
Elena Tsvetkova
Progress Telerik

The New Release of Telerik Test Studio Is Here! Download, install,
and send us your feedback!
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Name
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by