This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Links between tstest and resx for Windows 8 and Visual Studio 2010 Pro

3 Answers 39 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Shane
Top achievements
Rank 1
Shane asked on 21 Aug 2013, 09:42 AM
Hi,

I have just logged a support ticket for this, but thought I would throw it out to the forum also to see if anybody else has come across this and if they have found any workarounds for it:

We have several users on the Windows 8 OS who have the same Visual Studio 2010 Professional edition as me.  I am on WIndows 7 OS and whenever I rename a tsest file in the solution, it correctly updates the link to the resx file and renames that accordingly ( as well as any code behind file we have ).

The users who are on Windows 8 OS however, whenever they rename a tstest file, it sits there for about 90+ seconds thinking about it, eventually renames the tstest file correctly, but the linked resx file fails to update ( see attached Jing video capture ), the test then becomes unusable and if you open the file in a text editor you can see it is still mostly referenced to the previously named resx file.

Thanks
Shane

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Cody
Telerik team
answered on 21 Aug 2013, 07:49 PM
Hi Shane,

I watched your video... my first question is did you open any test before trying to rename one of them? I realize this is not very obvious, but our plug-in does not actually get activated until you open a test, any test, right after launching Visual Studio. Until you do that you will get the behavior you show in your video.

Once you open any test in any project our plug-in is now active in memory and will catch test rename events, even if you switch to a different test project.

Regards,
Cody
Telerik
The New Release of Telerik Test Studio Is Here! Download, install,
and send us your feedback!
Shane
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Aug 2013, 08:45 AM
Hi Cody,

I feel very embarrassed! That is one of the first things I worked out when trialling Test Studio over a year ago and as I always do it automatically whenever I first launch the project in Visual Studio it continued to work on my machine, but I failed to mention this to the new employees during training.

Thank you for your response, I shall close the ticket

Shane
Cody
Telerik team
answered on 22 Aug 2013, 02:54 PM
Hi Shane,

I appreciate the update! Always glad to assist.

Regards,
Cody
Telerik
The New Release of Telerik Test Studio Is Here! Download, install,
and send us your feedback!
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Shane
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by