Hello Telerik Team,
Firstly, I apologise if there are other problems similar to this one that I've missed when browsing through the support forums, I've tried looking through several solutions on here myself to fix this problem before I actually created a thread myself. I also fired off a support ticket yesterday (ID: 485751) to try and fix this issue.
OS: Windows 7 (x64)
Telerik Test Studio v2011.2.1117.0 (Standalone Edition)
License Type: Trial.
I'm new to Telerik and am basically learning the ropes using the Trial License, but I'll try and be as thorough with information as I can.
The issue I am having is running an automated test in Internet Explorer that connects to a Silverlight system over https://. The test itself simply navigates to the URL which should take you to a log-in page which enters the relevant details and then logs into the system which is designed in Silverlight.
At first, the test worked perfectly from recording to playback through Internet Explorer and the automation did exactly what it was asked to do; log into the system. But, when I then tried introducing a test to perform various options in the Silverlight system, executing the test resulted in "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". I re-created the test several times, and each time that you requested it to perform a task with a Silverlight control, the same issue would occur. I re-recorded the test multiple times and each time the same error occurred.
The test simply does the following:
- Navigate to target URL.
- Click OverridelinkLink - (Security Certification problem - no trusted certificate so simply clicks link to continue)
- Click OverridelinkLink - (Have to click this link again to proceed).
- Enter username in username textbox.
- Press Tab to move to password textbox.
- Enter password in password textbox.
- Click SignIn button and wait for 6000ms for Silverlight stuff to load.
A very basic test. This works fine until you either EnableSilverlight in the Project Properties, Use the Silverlight Out-Of-Browser options to configure the test to run against a Silverlight application (where the application path and recording host is specified - WebURL and Internet Explorer respectively) or attempt to make an action within the Silverlight application once it has logged in.
I configured Internet Explorer following the steps listed here (http://www.telerik.com/automated-testing-tools/support/documentation/user-guide/configure-your-browser/internet-explorer.aspx), which unfortunately didn't make any difference as well as doing standard tasks such as uninstalling the studio and reinstalling to see if that made any difference. You can access the URL perfectly using IE outside of Test Studio and you can also access the URL when executing the test in FireFox or Chrome, it's simply in Internet Explorer that there is an issue, seemingly. Naturally, being unable to get past the first simple step in the automated test causes all the other steps to fail because the test cannot actually get to the URL to perform any of the other steps and I'm forced to simply Abort the test or just wait for it to end itself.
I have no idea whatsoever at the moment as to what the exact problem is. Hope the information I provided isn't too vague, I can provide more if needed to (logs, screenshots where necessary, etc). Pretty stumped at the moment and hoping you guys are able to find a solution. Essentially, we're using the trial as a proof of concept against other software automation tools to see which is the most effective for our needs, so a quick solution to this problem would be ideal!
Thanks and hope to hear back from you guys soon!