This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Is there a log file that is created when your project is upgraded (TS2012 to 2014)

2 Answers 21 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
JT
Top achievements
Rank 1
JT asked on 06 May 2014, 06:23 PM
Hi,

***I am looking for a log (if it exists) that is created when my project is upgraded from an older version of Test Studio to a new one***

I just performed a test upgrade from Test Studio 2012.2.1420.0 to 2013.2.1327.0.  When I double click on a test the prompt to upgrade my project is displayed.  I click OK and Test Studio begins converting my project.  Once it is done, it opens up the test and that's it.  Unfortunately, there are a number of tests that are not checked out and do not get upgraded.  Three of those tests are listed in the Output window as being corrupted and the others are not mentioned anywhere.  I want to find out what's going on, but i cannot find a log file to help me troubleshoot the issue.

Does anyone know where I can find the log file (if it exists) that is created during my project upgrade?

***The only message displayed in the Output window***
Error loading c:\...\testname1.aii: File 'c:\...\TestName1.aii' is corrupted
Error loading c:\...\testname2.aii: File 'c:\...\TestName2.aii' is corrupted
Error loading c:\...\testname3.aii: File 'c:\...\TestName3.aii' is corrupted

Thank you,
JT Bhatt

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
answered on 07 May 2014, 07:36 AM
Hello JT,

We can eventually find additional information in the Test Studio application log. I would however recommend upgrading to the latest official release first, we got it published in the beginning of April. The exact build label is 2014.1.410. You can get it downloaded from your account or via the Check for update product built-in feature.

If you still experience the issue please submit a private support ticket where you can send the actual test files you got problems with. It will be best if we can examine the problem ourselves to help you proceed faster.

Regards,
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik

The New Release of Telerik Test Studio Is Here! Download, install,
and send us your feedback!
JT
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 May 2014, 01:58 PM
Hi Konstantin,

Thank you for your reply.
I did start by using the latest build but went to the last 2013 build after I ran into the current issue.  I will restore my backup and try upgrading again to see if I can locate the application log and get more info on what is going on.  Thank you for your suggestion, a private support ticket may be the next step.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
JT
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
JT
Top achievements
Rank 1