Iframes issue

3 posts, 0 answers
  1. Andy
    Andy avatar
    2 posts
    Member since:
    Oct 2014

    Posted 27 Oct 2014 Link to this post

    I'm having an issue getting telerik to work with our system.

    What we want to be able to do is have the automation run through a number of basic features of the system. The problem is that once the automation gets to a certain point, it hangs, waiting for “frame_5”. None of our iframes have IDs or names. We figured out that if we paused the test in the middle and gave the iframe that the automation is trying to use the attribute, “name=’frame_5’”, the automation could continue. We then wrote a JS script to go through and name all the iframes on the page between each step. We confirmed that the script does name the iframes correctly, yet the automation still hangs, waiting for “frame_5” even though the frame is named correctly.

    Bottom line: Naming the iframes manually allowed the automation to complete. Naming them with a script did not. We’re not sure why it didn’t work. Perhaps a script isn't the best way to go?
  2. Andy
    Andy avatar
    2 posts
    Member since:
    Oct 2014

    Posted 27 Oct 2014 Link to this post

    Oh, here's the error text.

    Unable to find the target host (Browser/SilverlightApp) to locate an element. Failure: Waiting for frame '[Frame:name=Frame_5,src=https://vabeta.konnexme.com/Screens/People/Client/ClientSplitContainer.aspx,UseQuery:False]' timed out. Error: Wait for condition has timed out
    InnerException:
    System.Exception: Unable to find the target host (Browser/SilverlightApp) to locate an element. Failure: Waiting for frame '[Frame:name=Frame_5,src=https://vabeta.konnexme.com/Screens/People/Client/ClientSplitContainer.aspx,UseQuery:False]' timed out. Error: Wait for condition has timed out
       at ArtOfTest.WebAii.Design.Execution.ExecutionUtils.WaitForAllElements(IAutomationHost host, AutomationDescriptor descriptor, Int32 timeout)
       at ArtOfTest.WebAii.Design.Execution.ExecutionEngine.ExecuteStep(Int32 order)
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    '10/24/2014 8:28:57 AM' - Detected a failure. Step is marked 'ContinueOnFailure=False' aborting test execution.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    '10/24/2014 8:28:57 AM' - Overall Result: Fail
    '10/24/2014 8:28:57 AM' - Duration: [1 min: 3 sec: 150 msec]
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    '10/24/2014 8:29:00 AM' - Test completed!
  3. Ivaylo
    Admin
    Ivaylo avatar
    782 posts

    Posted 30 Oct 2014 Link to this post

    Hello Andy,

    The error message you provided is too general and does not reveal the reason for the behavior your are experiencing.

    It seems you have something dynamic in your frame that changes with each execution and it prevents from proper completion of the test. Can you remove everything from the frame info except the Index and shorten the URL to https://vabeta.konnexme.com. Please refer to the screenshot example (note the index on your end might be different than 1) and give it a try.

    More about handling frames you can learn from this article.

    If this does not help you will have to provide your test or project so we can investigate further.

    Regards,
    Ivaylo
    Telerik
     
    The New Release of Telerik Test Studio Is Here! Download, install,
    and send us your feedback!
Back to Top