I have troubles to understand how to use the "not visible" assertion during recording.
My scenario is a table where I can hide/show columns. When I now hide a column, how shall the assertion work that the column is not visible. I dont have any element on my screen that I can mark and the select "not visible".
So how do I test non-visible elements in a recording ?
5 Answers, 1 is accepted
You have two options:
1. You should not hide the column and add the verification you would like when the element is present.
2. If the element is not visible by default you can locate it using the DOM and add the assertion.
thanks for your answer. I'm not sure though this will help.
1) This does not help to ensure that hiding something really does its job. I want to assert that clicking a button hides something.
2) This will not work for people creating tests that are not close to coding. The idea behind recording tests is that Domain experts can create the tests. They are normally not people close to coding, so navigating through the DOM is not feasible.
It might be simply that this is not doable as I expected to be.
But thank you for your answer
I think I might got the understanding now how to test this.
- During recording verify the element that it is visible
- Hide the element
- Copy the verification (in the IDE) and change it then to "not existing" or "invisible"
This might do the trick.
Thanks for the time and effort :)