This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Handling Telerik Tests in VS 2010 test lists

3 Answers 61 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Esra
Top achievements
Rank 1
Esra asked on 28 Nov 2011, 10:49 AM
Hello,

In our project, we are handling our automated tests by using Visual Studio plug-in.
We created Telerik tests project as a part of our project solution and we are running automated Test Studio tests as a part of our nightly builds.

In the nightly builds, all the tests which are in the test project are all running, but we want to run only the tests which we choose.
There is a test list editor in VS. I select the tests that I want to run with the build, but it still runs all the tests.

Can you please help me?

Thanks,

Esra

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Plamen
Telerik team
answered on 01 Dec 2011, 11:15 AM
Hi Esra,

I'm sorry you are running into this problem.

You didn't specify how you are running your Test List. I assume you are using command line execution via MSTest. If this is correct, specifying only /testmetadata will run all tests contained in all test lists you have defined in the .vsmdi file. To execute a particular Test List you need to add /testlist to /testmetadata. Please check out this video to see how to do that.
http://screencast.com/t/XnqUkvFGQN

Please read this documentation for detailed information on how to execute tests with MSTest.

Hope this helps!

All the best,
Plamen
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Esra
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Dec 2011, 03:13 PM
Hello Plamen,

Thanks for your reply.
We use this way (http://www.telerik.com/automated-testing-tools/support/documentation/user-guide/knowledge-base/silverlight/automate-silverlight-tests-in-tfs-builds.aspx) for running our automated tests.
Changing the build definition for the new test list solved the problem.

Thanks,

Esra
Plamen
Telerik team
answered on 06 Dec 2011, 12:50 PM
Hello Esra,

I'm glad to hear you've managed to resolve this. Please contact us again if you have further questions.

Greetings,
Plamen
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Esra
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Plamen
Telerik team
Esra
Top achievements
Rank 1