Generally work flow of the Telerik Test Studio Test Scripts will be as follows:
- Record required number of test scripts on telerik test studio under a sample project
- Group these recorded test cases as a list inside the sample project
- Create a Scheduling server which
- creates a database on the machine which has sql server instance and also registers with machine which has database to store and retrieve test results when test scripts execution completes or failures
- Stores information about the smtp server to send email notifications when test scripts execution completes or failures
- Defines the output or run result folder paths for storing results information as files.
- Create an Execution server which is responsible for execution of test scripts
- Establishing a test connection between test scripts folder and machine which has database.
- Defining the test scripts execution frequency cycle.(i.e., daily/weekly/monthly/yearly/timely)
- Scheduling server – responsible for identifying the time frequency/internal to enable to execution server to execute test scripts and storing the results which completed or failed
- Execution server – responsible for execution of test scripts and sending execution details to scheduling server.
Once, the above steps are performed, without any user explicit action, test scripts are executed and details about executed test scripts are stored in the database.
To view the details of execution of test scripts, currently we have two options.
- Results display in Telerik Test Studio under MMXUITestScripts application and exporting them to word/excel/pdf etc., (or)
- Direct table view of database where results are stored
Do we have chance to show dashboard kind of stuff with test scripts display and able to execute from dashboard with ny button clicks and see their details over dashboard?
Ex: .Net or Silverlight based UI for displaying list of test scripts which are recorded on telerik test studio projects and having ability to start/stop/pause/cancel and see their current and previous results
The reason behind asking this, is my management people were more interested to view the test scripts recorded as list on dashboard and they need ability to start/stop/pause/cancel and view current and previous results for comparision.
Any hopes here..