This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Frame Locators

2 Answers 18 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Oliver
Top achievements
Rank 1
Oliver asked on 26 Jun 2014, 06:19 AM
Hello!
I'm having a problem when I'm trying to find a frame, it's the only frame on the page and I've set the Id, name etc.
But test studio can't seem to find the frame anyhow.

The page's url is randomly generated, ex. example.com/HtmlClient/#ad5cc2000 or example.com/HtmlClient/#e97792f1c
This issue might be mentioned somewhere but i can't find it, would be awesome if someone could help me with this. :)

Thanks.

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
0
Accepted
Miguel
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Jun 2014, 02:35 PM
Hi Oliver,
You issue might be closely linked to the page's url containing that dynamically generated segment. In cases like this you will need to edit the base url for the frame in your example case the base url would need to be set to:
~example.com/HtmlClient/#

By doing so Test Studio will find a partial match as long as that segment of the url is always constant. You might also need to do this for other properties of the frame like the Id and Name, Id will usually contain a dynamic string as well as a constant string, Name will usually be the same for a frame but it all depends on how the developers implemented it.
0
Oliver
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Jun 2014, 09:13 AM
Thanks a lot Miguel! That solved it :) 
And I knew since earlier that the problem was related to the URL, though I didn't know how to tell test studio to ignore the last part and go by the start of the URL instead.

Once again, Thanks.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Oliver
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Miguel
Top achievements
Rank 1
Oliver
Top achievements
Rank 1
Share this question
or