Excel column data binding to load test not working

5 posts, 0 answers
  1. Aleksandar
    Aleksandar avatar
    18 posts
    Member since:
    Sep 2018

    Posted 20 Nov 2019 Link to this post

         Hello,

     

    we have a problem binding a column from Excel file to a dynamic target. Although the file is bound to the test correctly and other requests and user profiles are bound to other columns in the file properly we have trouble adding 1 column as data source (there are 3 columns and 1000 rows of data in total). Test Studio can identify the column, we can select it from the list when adding data source to dynamic target, bind the target to the column (see attached screenshot) but when we click save, save the entire test and then reopen the profile the binding disappears. Binding is once again set to get data from preceding GET request where target is originally identified (step 0). After a few tries to add the binding and save it Test Studio crashes with "unknown exception" stated as cause.

     

    Can you please provide some help with this issue? I've also attached a fresh log file from Test Runner after trying to bind the column, I am not sure how useful it is.

    Thanks,

    Aleksandar

  2. Plamen Mitrev
    Admin
    Plamen Mitrev avatar
    214 posts

    Posted 22 Nov 2019 Link to this post

    Hello Axeksandar,

    I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing some troubles with the load test dynamic targets. We have recently made some changes and improvements to the overall behavior of the load test configuration. Please update to the latest Service pack version 2019.2.1030.x, if you have not done it already, and let me know if that makes any difference.

    I tried to reproduce the issue on my end with a load test against a public application, which is data driven with external Excel file. The POST request holds 2 and more custom dynamic targets and I was able to data bind them and save those changes. I need your help to try and find what is causing the issue. Please share a sample Test Studio project, which simulates the issue and make sure to add the external source to the project and reproduce the issue. Then zip it and attach it to your next reply.

    The "Unhandled Exception" seems to happen when you click on the "Save" button, but there is no clear reason for that in the log. I hope that the above mentioned sample project will help me reproduce the issue and investigate it further.

    I am looking forward to hearing from you.

    Regards,
    Plamen Mitrev
    Progress Telerik

     
    The New Release of Telerik Test Studio Is Here! Download, install,
    and send us your feedback!
  3. Aleksandar
    Aleksandar avatar
    18 posts
    Member since:
    Sep 2018

    Posted 22 Nov 2019 Link to this post

    Hi Plamen,

     

    we have solved the issue with binding. It was actually another user profile that got corrupted. We deleted one redundant request from it and dynamic target got an issue trying to get token from step -1 instead of 0. We've corrected that and were able to bind the datasheet.

    However we now have a different issue. Profile should fill in data on one page (URL) using POST, get redirected and then do a POST on the other page. We do get responses from the first page (200 and 301) which means redirection went through, but we never get response from the other page. When we do the same process manually or using Postman everything goes through fine, but Test Studio fails to complete the journey.

    We can see an error in test studio log:

    Dynamic variable with description [UrlEncoded, Name[ContactDetails.EmailAddress], Default[]] was not found in dictionary- FAULT USER

    What are we doing wrong here?

     

    Thanks,

    Aleksandar

  4. Aleksandar
    Aleksandar avatar
    18 posts
    Member since:
    Sep 2018

    Posted 25 Nov 2019 Link to this post

    Hi Plamen,

    we now have the issue with a dynamic target whose value is actually taken from GET request that goes before the POST

     

     Message: Unable to find databound item in text returned from server.  Check that the capture is not stale, and check if the dynamic variable is needed.  Uri[https://www.rspb.org.uk/get-involved/activities/birdwatch/tell-us-what-you-saw/] Step[14] BindingName[__RequestVerificationToken] FAULT USER.

     

    This dynamic target is actually the one mapped by Test Studio while capturing traffic in the profile.

    What are we supposed to do here?

  5. Plamen Mitrev
    Admin
    Plamen Mitrev avatar
    214 posts

    Posted 26 Nov 2019 Link to this post

    Hello Aleksandar,

    It seems like there is some issue with the dynamic targets for that POST request, or the request just before that. I am not sure what is exactly causing the troubles. At this point, I am not familiar with the application under test and I want to investigate it further.

    I noticed that you have opened a private support ticket and we can continue our discussion there, because I will need to analyze the recorded load test that you have. It is better to send it over the private ticket and I will send you more details there.

    Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

    Regards,
    Plamen Mitrev
    Progress Telerik

     
    The New Release of Telerik Test Studio Is Here! Download, install,
    and send us your feedback!
Back to Top