C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Telerik\WebUITestStudio\Telerik.WebUITestStudio.targets(9,5): error : Unable to determine the project namespace. Please make sure the settings file is available.
I have installed Telerik Test Studio on this server. Attached the solution.
10 Answers, 1 is accepted
That error message means that Test Studio was unable to locate the "settings.aiis" file when it was time to regenerate the "Pages.g.cs" file as part of the build. To figure out what is causing this problem we have to have look at your build server and build configuration.
- What are you using for your build server?
- If using Visual Studio or TFS, which version? 2010? 2012?
- Does the build process automatically get latest from source control?
- Is the setting.aiis file checked-in to source control?
- What is your build definition?
I happen to have a test TFS 2010 server setup. Using your project I was able to reproduce the problem. I filed a bug on this here.
Fortunately there's an easy work around. Add this command to the Pre-build event command line.
copy "$(ProjectDir)settings.aiis" "$(SolutionDir)"
The build will now succeed. Thanks for reporting this issue. I suspect (but not 100% sure) it's a regression. I believe this used to work months ago.
That just doesn't make sense to me. For comparison purposes I've attached the log from my build or the same PoC project. I am using our latest internal build, 2012.2.1527. I'd like you to try upgrading to this version to insure we're using the same build of Test Studio. You can download it from Telerik.com after logging in, then going to Latest Internal Builds.Regards,
I download the latest Internal Build version and installed it on my build server. Still I get the same error :-(
I'd like to look at this problem on your computer via GoToMeeting. Let me know what time zone you are in and your availability and I'll setup the meeting. I'm in Austin, TX which is Central Time (GMT -6).
Here is a meeting invite for later today:
1. Please join my meeting, Monday, July 08, 2013 at 1:30 PM Central Daylight Time.
2. Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended. Or, call in using your telephone.
Dial +1 (630) 869-1013
Access Code: 160-530-469
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting
Meeting ID: 160-530-469
Here's a summary of our meeting today:
- The main symptom is "Unable to determine the project namespace. Please make sure the settings file is available."
- I discovered that Visual Studio is installed on the D: drive. I am suspicious there's a bug in Test Studio with this setup.
- You will try getting VS installed on the C: drive instead.
- We will try to reproduce this by setting up a build machine with Visual Studio installed on D: drive.
It turned out the problem is that you are referencing the Telerik DLLs from the "ExternalAssemblies" folder. Please try referencing the DLLs either from the GAC or from the Test Studio's Bin folder. See this video for more information.
Another option is to try our new R1 Beta release where this issue should be fixed. Here is a direct link to the new R1 BETA installer through your Telerik account.