This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Error on invoke script event command

9 Answers 71 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Yuriy
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yuriy asked on 08 Jun 2015, 08:04 AM

Hi,

I have the test steps below:

- click button “Add user” - appears new row for adding data

- fill all required fields

- click "Add" link to add new user. http://joxi.ru/GrqyRR3i0B3Drz (http://joxi.ru/5mdQDDwfdlba21  <a href="javascript:Grid1_insertRow();"></a>)

Currently my application under test behavior is after clicking “Add” link, a JavaScript is called to adding the data

In my test script, I used:

Manager.Desktop.Mouse.Click(MouseClickType.LeftClick, Pages.KudzuCallCenter.AddLink.GetRectangle()); http://joxi.ru/bmovllaF1Gp9ry

But I've got following error:

d:\Telerik\CPK\WebTest.tstest.cs: Line 85: (CS0012) The type 'System.Drawing.Rectangle' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'.
d:\Telerik\CPK\WebTest.tstest.cs: Line 85: (CS0012) The type 'System.Drawing.Point' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'.

http://joxi.ru/nAy9yy7uRqpPAZ

How can I fix this problem?

9 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Cody
Telerik team
answered on 08 Jun 2015, 03:29 PM
Hi Yuriy,

You must add an assembly reference to the Windows DLL "System.Drawing.dll" in your test project. You should be able to find this DLL in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETFramework\v4.0".

Let me know if you have further problems.

Regards,
Cody
Telerik

The New Release of Telerik Test Studio Is Here! Download, install,
and send us your feedback!
Yuriy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Jun 2015, 05:58 PM

Thank you for your fast answer!
By means of your I could avoid errors which were before.
unfortunately, when I am executing test - after clicking "Add" link - row with user isn't displays.
For clicking link I use following code step: Manager.Desktop.Mouse.Click(MouseClickType.LeftClick, Pages.KudzuCallCenter.AddLink.GetRectangle()); 

is passed, but user isn't added.

If you need more information just let me know.

Cody
Telerik team
answered on 08 Jun 2015, 06:54 PM
Hi Yuriy,

I can think of two possible reasons why the new row isn't being added as expected:

1) The mouse is clicking the wrong spot. If you watch the test very closely while it's running do you see the mouse move to the right spot to click? It could be way off, such as moving to the upper left corner of the browser window, or just slightly off the link such that it's not clicking just the right spot.

2) It's clicking too soon, before the application is ready to recognize and act on the click. Again watching the browser as the test runs should show whether or not this is the case. If you see the mouse moving and the click happening while the browser is still busy you will need to add a delay of some kind before the click step.

Regards,
Cody
Telerik

Yuriy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Jun 2015, 08:07 AM

Hello Cody

I've tried to do some changes in my test, but they didn't help.

You can see some screen from my test in atttachments

Yuriy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Jun 2015, 09:53 AM
How can I provide private access for you to web site and my project?
Cody
Telerik team
answered on 18 Jun 2015, 06:26 PM
Hello Yuriy,

Thank you for the additional information. It's too bad trying to do the mouse click did not help. So it's still a mystery why it's not working as expected.

What some of our customers have done is provide to us a URL that we put into a browser to connect your application hosted internally to from our machine, but their IT department has filtered by our IP address to keep it private. My public IP address to filter on is 72.177.108.37.

Let me know if this can be setup easily. If not there may be another way.

Regards,
Cody
Telerik

Yuriy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Jun 2015, 10:00 AM

Thank you for your answer!

I'll know from my superiors if it is possible.

Yuriy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Jun 2015, 03:55 PM

How can I provide you required credentials?

And sent project details?

Cody
Telerik team
answered on 22 Jun 2015, 08:06 PM
Hi Yuriy,

Create yourself a new Support ticket and put all the information in there. Support tickets, unlike this public forum post, are private between you and Telerik technical support. Everything you put into a support ticket is considered confidential information and will be protected from the outside world.

Regards,
Cody
Telerik

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Yuriy
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by