Data-driven radio button behavior per browser not consistent

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. James
    James avatar
    6 posts
    Member since:
    May 2013

    Posted 20 Jun 2013 Link to this post

    Hi Telerik Team,

    I have a test that is selecting a radio button (male/female). A separate step exists for both actions (click male/click female). Each step is data-driven. I currently have the data stored in a .csv file. The step to click the male option is marked TRUE and the step to click female is marked FALSE.

    When this test is run in IE 10 (compatability mode on), the test works as-expected (male option is selected, female option is not). However, when this same test is run in either Firefox 20.0.1 or Chrome 27, the male option will be selected then the female option will be selected immediately after. It seems no matter the data, since each step is marked to be run, it does so no matter the data.

    Pic1 is the two steps in question. Pic2 is of the step details (same for both steps). Pic3 is the data from my .csv file.

    Is this a known issue or perhaps I am missing something? My version of TS is: 2012.2.1527.0

    Thank you for any help.
  2. Rodney
    Admin
    Rodney avatar
    6 posts

    Posted 25 Jun 2013 Link to this post

    Hi James,

    My apologies for any inconvenience this has caused. I have filed a bug report on this problem, which you can follow the status and vote for its inclusion in future releases. Unfortunately, we do not have a workaround at this time, but will update this ticket as soon as one becomes available. Until then, please let me know if you have any questions. 

    Regards,
    Rodney
    Telerik
    Free summer webinars on advanced web automation tactics hosted by Jim Holmes & Adam Goucher.
    Reserve your seat today!
  3. Bob
    Bob avatar
    39 posts
    Member since:
    Apr 2013

    Posted 02 Jul 2013 Link to this post

    Here's a workaround for the problem assuming it's a radio button that can only have one option selected.

    Data - 2 Column "Gender" / "GenderCalc"

    Gender: "Male" or "Female"
    GenderCalc: =IF(["Gender' Cell]="Male",Gender,Zxy123)

    Test

    IF Verify / Wait: [Gender Div] Contains [Data Driven "GenderCalc"] (If the gender div contains "gender")
    - Check Male to be True
    ELSE (If the gender div contains anything other than "gender")
    - Check Female to be True

    Explanation

    We want to select either male or female. We're taking a static element on the page here (the label for the field we want to modify in this case) and using that to determine whether or not we check the "male" box. When we put "Male" on the spreadsheet, it changes the column on our spreadsheet to "Gender" which will validate TRUE on our IF statement. If we put "Female" (or anything else) into that column, it's going to put "Zxy123" into our calculator which won't validate true against the "gender" label.

    When you have more radio buttons than 2, you can nest "IF" statements ad infinitum. 

    IF - Verify / Wait against option 1 label
    Check Option 1
    ELSE
    - IF - Verify / Wait against option 2 label
    - Check Option 2
    - ELSE
    -- Check Option 3

  4. James
    James avatar
    6 posts
    Member since:
    May 2013

    Posted 03 Jul 2013 Link to this post

    Thank you Robert. I will try this out.

    James
Back to Top