This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Can't open url in IE on windows server 2003 (webaii)

8 Answers 207 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Aga
Top achievements
Rank 1
Aga asked on 22 Mar 2011, 11:32 AM
Hi,

I have three virtual machines with windows server 2003. First have Ie6,
second IE7 and the last one IE8 installed browser. All of them have Chrome,
Safari and FireFox.
I configured all browsers (particulary IE) with document from your website.

When I run simple test in all browsers, it only works in FF, safari and
chrome. In IE (in all version) I have only blank page.
I  disabled IE ESC in all machines, but it still doesn’t work.

In using Webaii framework 2010.3.1307.0 version 

My test code:
//...
//settings
Manager.LaunchNewBrowser(BrowserType.InternetExplorer, true,
ProcessWindowStyle.Maximized); browser = Manager.Browsers[0]; browser.NavigateTo("http://www.google.com";);
browser.Close();

ag

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Cody
Telerik team
answered on 24 Mar 2011, 11:39 PM
Hello Aga,

First IE6 is no longer supported as of our 2010.3.1109 release last year.

IE7 and IE 8 should work just fine. What IE add-ons do you have installed on these VM's?

All the best,
Cody
the Telerik team
Aga
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Mar 2011, 06:04 PM
I changed webaii version from 2010.3.1307 to 2010.3.1421 and now it's working on IE7 and IE8.
Thx.
Stephan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Mar 2011, 06:16 AM
Could you please let me know how to change the Browser, currently its taking IE and i want to change it to FF.
Am using Telerik WebUI Test Studio Developer Edition

and one more how to get new release, where is the path?
Aga
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Mar 2011, 09:25 AM
In code:
Manager.LaunchNewBrowser(BrowserType.InternetExplorer, true, ProcessWindowStyle.Maximized);
change browserType from IE to other browser.
e.g.
Manager.LaunchNewBrowser(BrowserType.Firefox, true, ProcessWindowStyle.Maximized);
I'm using webaii framework, you can download it from http://www.telerik.com/account/your-products/product-versions.aspx?pid=691 Aga
Stephan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Mar 2011, 10:11 AM
Aga,

Thank u so much for the link but am not able to download it. Getting below error

ERROR

The requested URL could not be retrieved

Invalid Response error was encountered while trying to process the request:

GET /WebAii_Testing_Framework_2010_3_1421_FREE_EDITION.msi?AWSAccessKeyId=06YVF22W1MPX3WNNE602&Expires=1301432608&Signature=6rlI09UOmXPbSK5iH0oJbeLLgvc%3d HTTP/1.1
Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/x-shockwave-flash, application/vnd.ms-excel, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, application/msword, */*
Referer: http://www.telerik.com/account/your-products/product-versions/single-download.aspx?pmvid=2404&pid=0
Accept-Language: en-us
UA-CPU: x86
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; InfoPath.1)
Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive
Host: telerik.s3.amazonaws.com
Aga
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Mar 2011, 01:17 PM
I changed webaii version (to 1421) and it's working correctly only on two machines (win 2003 32bit +IE7 and win 2003 32 bit +IE8).
I have two more virtual machines (win 2003 32bit +IE8 and win 2003 64bit+ IE8) with the same configuration as previous machines,
but when I try run test it's doesn't work (I have blank page).
I run the same test on all virtual machines (configured in the same way) and on two of them it doesn't work.
I've change FF (from version 3.6 to 4) on win 2003 64bit virtual machine and it's the same problem. All machines are configured with instructions
http://www.artoftest.com/support/webaii/topicsindex.aspx  and http://www.artoftest.com/support/webaii/topicsindex.aspx?topic=config_srvr.

Aga

test:
//...
//settings
// Initialize the settings you want used.
Settings settings = GetSettings();
settings.DefaultBrowser = BrowserType.InternetExplorer;
settings.UseHttpProxy = false;
settings.KillBrowserProcessOnClose = true;
settings.QueryEventLogErrorsOnExit = true;
settings.ExecutionDelay = 500;
settings.ExecuteCommandTimeout = 6000000;
settings.ClientReadyTimeout = 100000;
   settings.SilverlightConnectTimeout = 100000;
settings.EnableSilverlight = false; //... Manager.LaunchNewBrowser(BrowserType.InternetExplorer, true, ProcessWindowStyle.Maximized); browser = Manager.Browsers[0]; browser.NavigateTo("http://www.google.com";); browser.Close();

Errors(from log file)
 IE8:
Exception thrown attempting to launch Internet Explorer. Please make sure Internet Explorer is properly installed and you are able to launch it.
System.TimeoutException: Wait for condition has timed out
   at ArtOfTest.Common.WaitSync.CheckResult(WaitSync wait, String extraExceptionInfo)
   at ArtOfTest.Common.WaitSync.For[T](Predicate`1 predicate, T target, Boolean invertCondition, Int32 timeout)
   at ArtOfTest.Common.WaitSync.For[T](Predicate`1 predicate, T target, Int32 timeout)
   at ArtOfTest.WebAii.BrowserSpecialized.InternetExplorer.InternetExplorerActions.InjectCode(IntPtr handle, String assemblyAndClass, String pipename, String pid)
   at ArtOfTest.WebAii.BrowserSpecialized.InternetExplorer.InternetExplorerActions.LaunchNewBrowserInstance(Int32 timeout, ProcessWindowStyle windowStyle, String pipename)

FF:
Wait for condition has timed out

Cody
Telerik team
answered on 29 Mar 2011, 06:56 PM
Hello Stephan,

You can download the WebAii Testing Framework from here. Click the Free Download link near the top of the page. 

Greetings,
Cody
the Telerik team
Cody
Telerik team
answered on 29 Mar 2011, 07:03 PM
Hello Aga,

I am sorry but Firefox 4 is not currently supported. Our engineers are working on it. We expect we should be able to support Firefox 4 with our next major release due out in about 5 weeks.

What IE Add-ons are installed on your two VM's that are failing in this manner (do I correctly assume you're getting the exact same error on both machines)? Occasionally we run into add-on conflicts. The first step in diagnosing this is to disable/uninstall all add-ons in IE.

Greetings,
Cody
the Telerik team
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Aga
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Cody
Telerik team