Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
239 views
I'm fairly new with the RadChart and I'm trying to do the following with the gantt chart type:

- Display a list of events that span across a date range.  For example, I need a chart(gantt) that will start at date 8/1/2007 and go out a year to 8/1/2008.
- Within this view, I'm looking to display a list of events that I have in the database that span 1 or more months within this date range. For example, I can have a event that goes from 8/1/2007 - 10/14/2007, and then other events that span various date ranges within this year period. 
- The view I'm looking for is a horizontal representation of this data.

I'm basically looking for a simple example of how to do this programmatically so that I can replicate it based on the data I have in my database.  I didn't see many examples based using dates, so I'm not sure how to accomplish this.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
Steve

Vladimir Milev
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Nov 2007
7 answers
276 views
I have an app that worked with the old version (non Prometheus) of RadWindow. Since switching over to the new version everything works but one page. Any time I call radopen, radalert, etc I get:

"this._foregroundElement.parentNode is null or not an object"

Then the window show up as usual.

It only happens on one page of the app, so it's really strange. Anyone else seening this?
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Nov 2007
7 answers
247 views
Hi,

I have a page that does the following with regular RadAjaxPanel:

Me.RadAjaxPanel1.ResponseScripts.Add("radalert('Settings saved successfully', 330, 100); ")

I was using the regular RadWindow, but I am in the process of moving to the new Prometheus version of RadWindow, and I was unable to get the radalert to work.

I only changed the control declaration, which was just one line:

<radW:RadWindowManager ID="RadWindowManager1" runat="server" />

and now it reads:

<telerik:RadWindowManager ID="RadWindowManager1" runat="server" />

This control is outside the RadAjaxPanel control. Of course I added the necessary scriptmanager (the page shows no error -> it is just the behavior that is not right).

Is this a known problem of the Prometheus RadWindow?

Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Nov 2007
1 answer
106 views
We just installed the RadEditor and added some content to pages in a document library. when we changed the content and tried to retrieve the old version it did not return the old version.

Does RadEditor support versions ?

 
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Nov 2007
4 answers
131 views
I'm using RadScheduler inside an iFrame and I'm having a problem with the appointment being out of alignment while dragging. The alignment difference is the same as the space between the top of the browser and the iFrame.

This is only occuring in Internet Explorer 7, but works fine in Firefox. The page work correctly when not inside the iFrame in all browsers
John Horlock
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Nov 2007
1 answer
98 views
We're maintaining a list of links in a Links list in SharePoint (MOSS). We'd like the contents of that list to drive the available links in the Custom Links dropdown. 
Is it possible to either:
1) Point the ListToolsFile.XML to that list (ideal), or
2) After generating XML output from the Links list, include it in the ListToolsFile.XML?

Best case, the folder groupings in the Links list would become groupings in the dropdown.

Thanks,
M.
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Nov 2007
1 answer
227 views
This issue has to do with this prometheus version. I never had this problem with the ASP.NET version of RadWindow.

Here is my script on the "windowed" page (not parent)
    <script type="text/javascript"> 
        var oWindow; 
        var actionTakenPlace = false; 
         
        try{ 
            oWindow = GetRadWindow(); 
             
            oWindow.OnClientClose = function() 
            { 
                if (actionTakenPlace) oWindow.BrowserWindow.location.reload(); 
            } 
        } catch(err){ 
            alert(err.description); 
        } 
         
        function OpenAnotherWindow(url){ 
            var oBrowserWnd = oWindow.BrowserWindow; 
            oBrowserWnd.showWindow(url,'AnotherWindow', 800, 600); 
        } 
         
    </script> 

As you can see in the above code, I use try..catch but couldn't catch any error. oWindow indeed got the reference to the window itself, as the other function OpenAnotherWindow works fine.

The value for the actionTakenPlace variable is set through a radajaxpanel, and I have verified it works as I can send other javascript through responsescripts without any issues at all.

I have concluded that everything works -> only the OnClientClose fails. I tried the add_Close method, and it didn't work either.


Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Nov 2007
1 answer
159 views
Aloha,

I use the RADEditor now on my SharePoint Site in a PageContentField.
thats my Page ContentField
<div class="pageContent"> 
<radE:RadHtmlField id="PageContent" FieldName="PublishingPageContent" runat="server" 
></radE:RadHtmlField> 
</div> 
 

I added for example this tag:

SkinsPath="~/RadControls/Editor/Skins" Skin="Office2007"

and then reload my site with the RadEditor PageContent and get this error:

"Fehler beim Verarbeiten von /_catalogs/masterpage/WelcomeLinks.aspx. Der Typ Telerik.SharePoint.FieldEditor.RadHtmlField hat keine öffentliche Eigenschaft mit dem Namen SkinsPath. "

that means " There is an error while handle /_catalogs/masterpage/WelcomeLinks.aspx. The type Telerik.SharePoint.FieldEditor.RadHtmlField has no public property with the name skinpath. "

What I need to do that I can add attributes to my RadEditor PageContentField?



The other thing I want to know is: can I use the Office 2007 Ribbonbar in this Page ContentField?

for information I use the MS SharePoint Designer to change my SharePoint site
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Oct 2007
8 answers
163 views
I'm using the Document Manager to paste links into my Rich Text field, which works great.  However, if I turn on the "Document Manager" text for the button (so that it makes more sense to the end user), it no longer works.  Rather than getting a new link when I choose a document and click Insert (after the first link insertion), the existing link is highlighted and the new link is not added.

M.
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Oct 2007
1 answer
141 views
Hi,
I am not able to view the RAD editor tabs in the publish mode of the page. when the page is in the edit mode all the tabs are in viewing mode,
it is not like edit mode of the page. please help me. i struk up with this.
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Oct 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?