Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
5 answers
314 views
I have been trying to get RADWindow Prometheus to work consistently and discovered that if the VisibleStatusBar property on RADWindow is set to true you will get erratic resize behavious.

The Behaviors is set to "Close, Move" When the window first open everything looks good. But upon closing it and reopening, the window loses the "X" at the top. Because this is a modal window there is no way to close the window. I dont want the window to be resizable.

Setting VisibleStatusBar="false" gets me the consistent behavior and everytime I open the window the close button does not disappear.

Hope this helps someone

thanks
zaphod
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Oct 2007
1 answer
91 views
OK, so I have an odd layout that I'm playing with.

Basically a page could have a ton of information about a contact.  Some are multiple levels deep (i.e. all of the appointments for that contact etc.)

Each of these will likely be content within a user control.  What I would like to do is not load at all any of the content until that section (which is in a rad dock) until it scrolls into view and then I'd like to use Ajax to get the user control and display it's contents.

This way I don't have to have tabs upon tabs of stuff and users can use the dock to customize where everything goes on the page and just scroll to see the stuff they care about.

The problem is that i don't have a clue where to start.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Bodevain Svensson
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Oct 2007
1 answer
139 views
Hi,

I have a page previously with RadAjaxpanel and RadGrid, and was trying to use the prometheus Ajaxpanel but the Radgrid doesn't work well with the new radajaxpanel.

I have set the RadGrid's EnableAjax property to false (previously done, and the whole thing was working)

Simple postback works from within the grid, but paging, delete command, and probably others don't. I think the commands (paging and delete) did fire (verified by trace), but the UI didn't update correctly.
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Oct 2007
1 answer
159 views

when I uploaded images into a post which a name of second image is same as a name of first image

then found error thrown from radeditor indicated it found a file with that name already exists.

Whether I checked 'overwrite if file with such name exists' checkbox on upload image manager dialog before uploaded.

It still thrown that error.

please help me, I use IE 6.0 and Sharepoint 2007

Thank you

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Oct 2007
3 answers
159 views
the hyperlink manager in not opening on the click of the HyperLink manager.
just the window opens up but the controls inside the window does not open where we can set the Url and all.
The window that opens also takes a lot of time to open. 

One more problem is that i am not getting the smart tag for Prometheus RadEditor control
Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Oct 2007
1 answer
127 views
I am using your controls in my project - which uses the code from your PortalSiteVB to persist the layout etc.. into the database.

Every so often when i drag a control into another zone or add a new one i get the following error........

System.Web.HttpException: Failed to load viewstate. The control tree into which viewstate is being loaded must match the control tree that was used to save viewstate during the previous request. For example, when adding controls dynamically, the controls added during a post-back must match the type and position of the controls added during the initial request. at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Object savedState) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadChildViewStateByIndex(ArrayList childState) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Object savedState) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadChildViewStateByIndex(ArrayList childState) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Object savedState) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadChildViewStateByIndex(ArrayList childState) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Object savedState) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadChildViewStateByIndex(ArrayList childState) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Object savedState) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadChildViewStateByIndex(ArrayList childState) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Object savedState) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadChildViewStateByIndex(ArrayList childState) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Object savedState) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadChildViewStateByIndex(ArrayList childState) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Object savedState) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadChildViewStateByIndex(ArrayList childState) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Object savedState) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadChildViewStateByIndex(ArrayList childState) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Object savedState) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadChildViewStateByIndex(ArrayList childState) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Object savedState) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadChildViewStateByIndex(ArrayList childState) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Object savedState) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadChildViewStateByIndex(ArrayList childState) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Object savedState) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadChildViewStateByIndex(ArrayList childState) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Object savedState) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadChildViewStateByIndex(ArrayList childState) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Object savedState) at System.Web.UI.Page.LoadAllState() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Why is this happening? It indicates that a control mismatch has taken place after a postback.  I am not adding/removing any controls other than what your code does.
Martin Beeby
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Oct 2007
1 answer
92 views
the hyperlink manager in not opening on the click of the HyperLink manager.
just the window opens up but the controls inside the window does not open where we can set the Url and all.
The window that opens also takes a lot of time to open. 

One more problem is that i am not getting the smart tag for Prometheus RadEditor control
Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Oct 2007
1 answer
295 views
Hi im using the client side edit for the scheduler top redirect to another page. This gives me a url like:

activity.aspx?start=1175232600000&allday=false

Just wondering how I can interpret the start datetime?  Do I need to new up a RadScheduler?

Thanks!
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Oct 2007
1 answer
147 views
Hello

I have a question that I don't know exactly where to post it, so I this is the wrong place, I'm sorry...
I'm developing an application where I use (for the time being) a trial version of the RadControls Q4 2006 package. The license will be purchased soon by the company where I work.
I needed to do something like the Outlook calendar with a scheluder and I find that the only way to do so is to use the RadScheduler of Prometheus.

Well, my question is if the component needs to be purchased aside the RadControls for ASP.NET?

I admit I'm a bit dummy, but I need to be sure of this before I start using the scheduler because the cost of the RadControls was already approved.

Thank you!
Paula Fernandes
Lin
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Oct 2007
7 answers
399 views
Hello:

Where I can have a example or usage about AdvancedInsertTemplate of RadScheduler.

Best Regard.
Yang
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Oct 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?