Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
91 views
since your controls are build upon ajax extension which can work only if installed in the GAC they do not support most of share hosting provders out there

are there any plans to fix that issue?

Ivo
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Oct 2007
3 answers
147 views
Hi

My RadEditor aspx is ...
            <telerik:RadEditor ID="sText" runat="server" Enabled="True" style="overflow: scroll; border: 1px solid red;" Width="500" Height="300">  
            </telerik:RadEditor> 
 

When I set Enabled="Fales" i get an Sys.ArguementNull Exception: Value cannot be null error ... The code that it throws me inot is ...
var $addHandler = Sys.UI.DomEvent.addHandler = function Sys$UI$DomEvent$addHandler(element, eventName, handler) {  
    /// <param name="element" domElement="true"></param> 
    /// <param name="eventName" type="String"></param> 
    /// <param name="handler" type="Function"></param> 
    var e = Function._validateParams(arguments, [  
        {name: "element", domElement: true},  
        {name: "eventName", type: String},  
        {name: "handler", type: Function}  
    ]);  
    if (e) throw e;  
 
    if (!element._events) {  
        element._events = {};  
    }  
    var eventCache = element._events[eventName];  
    if (!eventCache) {  
        element._events[eventName] = eventCache = [];  
    }  
    var browserHandler;  
    if (element.addEventListener) {  
        browserHandler = function(e) {  
            return handler.call(element, new Sys.UI.DomEvent(e));  
        }  
        element.addEventListener(eventName, browserHandler, false);  
    }  
    else if (element.attachEvent) {  
        browserHandler = function() {  
            return handler.call(element, new Sys.UI.DomEvent(window.event));  
        }  
        element.attachEvent('on' + eventName, browserHandler);  
    }  
    eventCache[eventCache.length] = {handler: handler, browserHandler: browserHandler};  
} 

The line it fails on is in cyan

Kind Regards

David
Valeri Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Oct 2007
7 answers
305 views
Hi,

very sorry that I am hammering the forum again.  But I have hit a brick wall with regard how to obtain the appointment ID after creation.

I have got an appointment which is programatically created within the "FormCreating" event (user double clicks the rest of the process is performed by code), this works well. 

However I need to obtain the appointment ID to pass this value to another datasource.  I have had no sucess with obaining the value,  my thoughts were that to obtain the appointment ID this would be in the "formCreated" event.  But when I debug the page, the event never gets fired even though the "formcreating" event does.

Am I missing something? How do I obtain the AppointmentID imeditaly after creation?

Thanks,

JK

P.S. Is there any detailed docs on Scheduler (only got help system, not much to go on) so I can review that before posting?
JK
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Oct 2007
3 answers
170 views
Is it possible to page resources when in ResourceView?  I would like to show n resources rather than all resources.
Dimitar Milushev
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Oct 2007
7 answers
183 views
Hallo,

I load a usercontrol (ascx) into the RadTooltip - the usercontrol loads but the stylesheet of my masterpage is not applied.

Which stylesheet is used by the Radtooltip?

How to assign my global styles?

regards
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Oct 2007
1 answer
214 views
Hi,

It is possible to select an appointment when we click on it? I am trying to use the AppointmentClick event but it only fires when the Scheduler is in ReadOnly mode.
If the Scheduler is not in readonly mode the AppointmentClick event fires when i do double click, but this will open an edit form or a radwindow as i wish.

How can i solve this problem?

Thanks in advance



Dimitar Milushev
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Oct 2007
2 answers
323 views
I've got a requirement that I upload images to a database rather than a local path.  I can live with having it upload to the local path, then pushing it to the database after that.  The next step, is I need to create the image src to point at an imagehandler rather than a local file.  I can't find any examples or notes on that.

Thanks,

Peter Kellner
http://peterkellner.net
Microsoft MVP, ASP.NET

∞
Valeri Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Oct 2007
1 answer
118 views
Good day,

I'm having an issue using the code RadCalendar with Prometheus RadTooltip in the code Library. Basically, I'm using the code presented at http://www.telerik.com/community/code-library/submission/b311D-mkbmg.aspx.

It works well, until I change the defaut view of the calendar using the ­> or >> at the top right corner of the calendar. When I do that, the RadToolTipManager ajax update fires (I don't know why) and then, the tooltip opens on every cell, causing multiple errors

Another problem is that the tooltip targets a particular cell, and not a particular date. So when we change the month, the tooltip will fire on a cell, even if it's not a special day, if in the previous month it was a special day.

Any idea how to fix these problems?
Tervel
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Oct 2007
1 answer
131 views
Hi,
I am trying to use the prometheus ajax with a third party app (Iron Speed if you are familar with it)
I'm not having any problems when applying the ajax manager to standard or telerik controls on my page. However, whenever i try to get the ajax manager to update a custom Iron Speed control it does not seem to work.
The problem is that when I try to configure the ajax manager, the controls do not appear in the list to select from.
Could it be something to do with the fact that the Iron Speed controls generate their own ajax panels? Is this the reason why the do not appear in the list of controls when I'm trying to configure the ajax manager?
Thanks
EmpowerIT
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 29 Oct 2007
1 answer
150 views
I have implemented a custom SchedulerProvider by extending your SchedulerProviderBase class.  I am in the process of implementing the "IEnumerable<Appointment> GetAppointments(RadScheduler owner)" method.  Specifically I am trying to return an appointment that is an "AllDay" appointment.  I looked through the Appointment class but could not find a property.  Should I be setting a start date time of 12:00:00 and a timespan of 24 hours?

Thanks for your help,

Pierre Chew
Tim Barton
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 26 Oct 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?