Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
474 views
I've start to migrate our RadChart pages to RadChart prometheus. All charts are created in codebehind.

For the Properties on the X-Axis text I cannot figure out how to expand the region to accomodate large text labels.

I have large text x-axis labels like "Financial Year 2006/2007" rotated 90 degrees and they are being cropped at about the "Fin" level.

I am changing properties in the namespace radChart.PlotArea.XAxis.Appearance.TextAppearance area.

ie
radChart.PlotArea.XAxis.Appearance.TextAppearance.Height
radChart.PlotArea.XAxis.Appearance.TextAppearance.Width
radChart.PlotArea.XAxis.Appearance.TextAppearance.RotationAngle.

Sometimes with strange results, especially with fills and borders, they don't appear to align correctly with the rotated text.
I've tried adjusting padding and margins as well with little success.

Any clues?






Dave
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Oct 2007
1 answer
121 views
Hi,
I've just got radwindow going but cannot get the positioning to happen around the element that clicked it.  The help suggests using numerous rad controls for each element, this is something that will be very difficult for me to achieve to fit in with the original code that this is being added to.

I've added the radwindow at the end of my form and it always appears in the same position, when the page is scrolled down and a user clicks the link to open it, it works but is off screen as the user is so far down the page. 

So is there any easy way to get the window centred.  I'm guessing some javascript but have no idea how this will affect the radwindow scripts and how it should be implemented.  Getting the window to float in the centre of the screen would be fine.

Thanks
J
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Oct 2007
1 answer
104 views
Classic AjaxPanel vs Prometheus

I have attempted to start switching my site to the new prometheus radajaxpanel by replacing the old tagprefix "radA" with "telerik" but as soon as I do this, ajax doesn't work (there are regular postbacks instead).
There are no errors and site functionality is fine ...
Any idea why this would happen? are there extra properties that have to be set?

Thanks,
Telerik Rocks!

Morgan
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Oct 2007
2 answers
128 views
this link is my image describable error.

http://my.traucau.vn/index.php?site=HaDat&option=com_wedgallery&task=view_thumbnail&curr_page=1&album_id=5879
 .

chi huong ( have BlueViolet color) must be displayed in "all day" cell, but i see it out "all day" cell , help me, thanks :)
datisgod
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Oct 2007
8 answers
282 views
hi there

i tried to use the radeditor in my own written moss 2007 webpart.
used the documentation (RadEditorMOSS_4_4.chm) of the newest (trial) release, i  always get an error while loading the webpart.

stack trace:
-------------
[MethodAccessException: Telerik.SharePoint.MOSSRadEditor..ctor()] company.MOSS.WebParts.Content2Cols.CreateChildControls() +0 System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +87 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +41 System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts.WebPart.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +62 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +161 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +161 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +161 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +161 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +161 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1360
--------
any hints?

thx tom
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Oct 2007
3 answers
141 views

Hello,

If I try to drag a dock to replace another dock with a control in its content, the replacement only works when dragging from below the dock with the control.

Here's an on-line example:
http://www.telerik.com/DEMOS/ASPNET/Prometheus/Dock/Examples/Default/DefaultCS.aspx

  1. Drag "Photos from Sofia" straight down to take the place of "Currency Exchange Rates".
  2. The replacement doesn't happen until you get to the bottom of "Current Exchange Rates".
  3. Now drag "Currency Exchange Rates" straight down to take the place of "Photos from Sofia".
  4. The replacement happens near the top (which I think is correct).

My guess is that the difference is that some of the docks have controls on them and others don't.  We're currently using docks that contain only one control and so if the user wants to replace a control that extends beyond the bottom of the browser window, they have to scroll down to do it.  Is this already being addressed for a future release?

Thanks a bunch!

Burt

Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Oct 2007
2 answers
125 views
Hello,

I use the RADMenu and the RadTreeView in my Sharepoint site as the default navigation. Now I want give the RadTreeView navigation the order to show navigation items in a specific depth.

Any solution for my problem?

best regards
Jan
Jan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Oct 2007
2 answers
151 views
Hi,
I need to update another datasource when the user updates an appointment.  Specifically if the date of appoitnment is moved then the other datasource needs to update another table with that date. 

The error states that the "page.Valid cannot be called before validation has taken place.", this occurs after I have dragged the appointment.  I have illustrated further down on the code where the error occurs.

i have read some forum topics on this and it appears (correct me if I am wrong) the detailsview update, cannot fire until the scheduler has completed its update.  If this is the case how can I get the detailsform to update via code after the scheduler has finished.  I tried putting it in the schedulers databound event but still had teh same problem.

Here is my code to give you an idea of where the error is occuring
  protected void RadScheduler1_AppointmentUpdate(object sender, AppointmentUpdateEventArgs e)  
    {  
        txAppointmentID.Text = e.Appointment.ID.ToString(); //this control is used as a criteria for a datasource  
        dvServiceHistory.DataBind(); // update results based on criteria from above  
        dvServiceHistory.ChangeMode(DetailsViewMode.Edit); //change the form to accept edit data  
        TextBox TheDate = (TextBox)dvServiceHistory.FindControl("txEditSHDate"); //find the control ready for change  
        string ModifiedDate = e.ModifiedAppointment.Start.ToString(); //obtain new date from appointment  
        TheDate.Text = ModifiedDate.Substring(0, 10).ToString(); //convert to string and strip time from the new appointment date  
        dvServiceHistory.UpdateItem(true); // update record, THIS IS THE LINE WHICH CAUSES THE PAGE.VALID ISSUE, WHERE CAN I PUT THIS LINE?  
    } 

Thanks in Advance

JK
JK
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Oct 2007
3 answers
229 views
i want to change all words in Scheduler to vietnamese.
ex: Day -> ngay,Month -> thang, All day -> Ca ngay .... 

how i can do it ? thanks
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Oct 2007
1 answer
119 views
Hi,

I know this is probably a really simple question but I couldn't find anything about configuring the ImageManager in the documentation.  I've got the following config in my ListConfigFile.xml

  <property name="ImagesPaths"> 
    <item>~/ImageLibrary</item>
  </property>
  <property name="UploadImagesPaths">
    <item>~/ImageLibrary</item>
  </property>
  <property name="ImagesFilters">
   <item>*.gif</item>
   <item>*.jpg</item>
   <item>*.jpeg</item>
   <item>*.png</item>
   <item>*.bmp</item>
  </property>

I've tried creating new document libraries and altering the links etc - presently i have the wiki that i'm trying to insert a picture at: http://testing/sites/central/TestWiki and the picture library at: http://testing/sites/central/ImageLibrary/.  When clicking on the image manager i get the error "Could not get SPFolder".  Any ideas what i'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Michael
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Oct 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?