Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
153 views
Hi,
Im displaying a user form using a radwindow. When a user cancels out of the form, I have the rad window close and return to the parent window. However, if they bring the RadWindow up again, the IsPostBack property of the page that is displayed has not been reset, and so the values that were entered previously are still stored there.
I looked through the documentation and the only way i found to get around it was to force the parent page to refresh.  Is it possible to have the IsPostBack property reset without having to refresh the parent page which launched the RadWindow?

I have a cancel button in the form that is displayed in the RadWindow that calls the client side CloseWindow method below.

function GetRadWindow()   
    {   
       var oWindow = null;   
       if (window.radWindow) oWindow = window.radWindow;   
       else if (window.frameElement.radWindow) oWindow = window.frameElement.radWindow;   
       return oWindow;   
    }   
  
function CloseWindow()   
    {   
        var oWindow = GetRadWindow();   
        oWindow.close(); 
    } 

EmpowerIT
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 23 Oct 2007
1 answer
121 views
Problem:
When I click the export button/image in the calendar, it pops up and when you select "Open" Outlook fires up and the time is always off. I have my TimeZoneOffset set to 0:00:00 which gets me the same time in the Calendar AND my SQL database.... So why when I export is the time different? 
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Oct 2007
1 answer
190 views
No matter what i do, i cannot seemt to prevent RadEditor prometheus from inheriting the background image of the page it is on for the content area of the editor. My site uses Themes to set the background image of the pages of the application and despite using:

RadEditor1.CssClasses.Clear()
... and
RadEditor1.CssClasses.Add("Links class ", "a.link")
... and 
RadEditor1.CssFiles =
... and
ContentAreaCssFile="~\CSS\Login.css"
... and
editing the EditorContentArea.css file.

nothing works! the background image is still there and the "Css Styles" drop down is always filled with lots of useless radeditor styles.

My radEditor declaration is as simple as it gets:
<telerik:RadEditor runat="server" ID="RadEditor1" EditModes="All" Height="500px" Width="100%" Visible="true">
</telerik:RadEditor>
 
I didnt have any issues with this at all with the non-prometheus version. I only wanted to switch because this one seems to load so fast.

any help gratefully accepted.
rob

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Oct 2007
1 answer
93 views
The default MOSS Rich Text Editor comes with a huge restriction: one cannot add EMBED object or other complex HTML, for example to include videos or Flash animation in wiki pages or blog post. 

My first tests with RadEditor for MOSS shows the exact same issue. How disapointing. ANy advise on how to add objects like videos in a blog post or a wiki page?
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Oct 2007
1 answer
143 views
I am trying to control RadToolTip using client side API. When I call hide() method I get 'Object doesn't support this property or method' JavaScript error.
For some reason, when I try to get RadToolTip object either with a $get or $find I get "DIV" object rather than a client Telerik RadToolTip object.

Please help me with this problem. Thanks in advance. Below is my code:

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %>

<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >
<
head id="Head1" runat="server">
<title>Untitled Page</title>
</
head>
<
body >
<form id="form1" runat="server">
<div id="divID">
<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">
</asp:ScriptManager>

<
script type="text/javascript">
function hideToolTip()
{
var tooltip = $get("RadToolTip1");
tooltip.hide();
}
</script>

<telerik:RadToolTip ID="RadToolTip1" runat="server"
TargetControlID="link1" IsClientID="true"
Text="Tool Tool Tool" RelativeTo="Mouse"
ShowEvent
="OnClick" ManualClose="true" ></telerik:RadToolTip>
<input type="button" id="b2" name="Hide" value="Hide" onclick="hideToolTip();" />
<a href="#" id="link1">Link</a>
</div>
</form>
</
body>
</
html>

Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Oct 2007
1 answer
81 views
Hi,

I have some odd behaviour with Hyperlink Manager.
Example: When selecting 'New Window' in the drop down list box for 'target', the target fields gets updated, but the value in the drop down list box of 'New Window' resets to 'Target' after selection.

The above is the same no matter which option I choose from the drop down list box. The value in the drop down list box always resets back to target.

I would of expected the value to stay to what ever was selected?

Thanks.
Keith.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Oct 2007
1 answer
165 views
Hi

We were using the old radC:RadChart with a ChartSeries declared with

LegendDisplayMode="ItemLabels"

I cannot find this on the new Prometheus control?

I want a pie chart with a dynamic number of elements that lists all item in thg legend with their colour, name and value.

plamen
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Oct 2007
1 answer
135 views
Will by any chance Treeview be a part of the Prometheus package?
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Oct 2007
2 answers
322 views
I'm using the RadTextBox control with the RadAjaxManager. When a dropdown is changed, an Ajax update is triggered and the UI is updated. At this point, I can get the Text property of the RadTextBox and all is fine. However, when I now fill out the form and click the submit button, the value I get from that RadTextBox is the value entered before the first Ajax update. Any changed performed afterwards are not recognized by the RadTextBox on the serverside. Example that demonstrates the issue:

<telerik:RadAjaxPanel ID="RadAjaxPanel1" runat="server" Height="200px" Width="300px">
<telerik:RadTextBox ID="RadTextBox1" runat="server"></telerik:RadTextBox>
<asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Button" OnClick="Button1_Click" /><br />
</telerik:RadAjaxPanel>

<telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server">
<AjaxSettings>
<telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="Button1">
<UpdatedControls>
<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadAjaxPanel1" />
</UpdatedControls>
</telerik:AjaxSetting>
</AjaxSettings>
</telerik:RadAjaxManager>


Codebehind: 

protected void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) {
  Button1.Text = RadTextBox1.Text;
}

The first time the button is clicked, the text from the RadTextBox is set as the button's caption. Any subsequent edit of the box and click on the button will not update the button caption - the value returned from the RadTextBox1.Text stays the same as the first click. What am I doing wrong?


Regards,

Arild

Arild Bakken
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Oct 2007
4 answers
194 views
Hi all,

I m creating an appointment template using a dropdownlist, textbox and two imagebutton say Save and Cancel.Plz help me to raise events for these controls (Save and Cancel) to perform the respective task.
I m trying to achieve it by using appointmnetcommand event but not able to get exact code, because not everytime the event is called on click of the buttons.

Thanks,
Seema
Seema
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Oct 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?