Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
153 views
Can you help me to figure a way to fire a event on winwow minimize.

Its was in Pervious version, now we are using Prometheus.
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Oct 2007
1 answer
171 views
I was checking out the scheduler but i am not sure if it supports all the needs a scheduler would have ? lets see what telerik have to say about a common scenario which i have
i have list huge list of vendors that is growing constantly. so esentially i need to eblast those vendors using a rad editor template. so basically i want to take a 3 step approach.
1. User creates a search criteria which will filter the vendors that they want to ebast like find me vendors who belong to USA. Save the criteria in the database.
2. Create A template that they would send to the criteria created above. and save the template using rad editor to the datbase.
3. using hte scheduler. schedule reoccurring eblast using two resources one would be the template and second would be the search criteria they want to eblast. Ok this looks fine and dandy. so i have everything i need being saved to the database. which includes the schedule, template and the criteria.

But the question is how do i find the schedule is hit. like eblast vendors every sunday at 5:00 pm every week. I want to be able to saysomething
Appoeint a  = new Appointment();
a.CanProcess()
well CanProcess depends on couple of factors.
First is that appointment valid means today is saturday and appointment is scheduled on sunday so therefore this appointment is really not valid.
Consider valid appointments to be identified as valid as long as they lie less then half an hour of the current date.
Second the appointment is really valid cuz it has not been processed.

I am not sure but i think some of this could be provided out of the box. like is this appointment between half an hour of the current date. With scheudler supporting complicated schedules. it could turn out to be hard to find out if some appointment is less then half an hour of current time.
appointment.HasHappenedIN(half an hour) or
appointment.LastHappenedDate + 30 min = DateTime.Now
do something.

i dont know may be this seems like business scenario then a control scenario but i think as far as dates are concerned regarding appointments. something should come out fo the base class.

Lets see what telerik has to say
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Oct 2007
2 answers
144 views

In the Prometheus demo, can you give us the ability to highlight text/code in the tabs so we can easily copy and paste the code based on the example?  RadControls allow it, but not Prometheus.


Scott
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 23 Oct 2007
4 answers
129 views
Perhaps this is a configuration setting we're missing...

Part of the font sizing problems stem from the fact that RadEditor (like SharePoint) gives the user full control over font and size.

I'm happy enough using H1-H6, PRE formatted, etc-- just as the Telerik forums do here. Better to abstract that.

Configuration setting or future feature?
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Oct 2007
10 answers
262 views
I'm working on an application and have been using the RadControls for ASP.NET Editor.  Works great, but as many people know, they sure take a while to load, even if you minimize all the tools.  This Prometheus, by testing out the demo, sure looks to speed up the loading big time, so I'm thinking of using this new Prometheus version of the Editor.

My question is:  Can I use the Editor skins from the RadControls for ASP.NET with the new Prometheus version? 

On your demo skinning area, I only see 2 skins and none of them match the look I'm going for.  Sure I could build my own, but using your preset skins are great.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Oct 2007
3 answers
186 views
I have a license for the full version, and have it operation on my WSS 3 website. The question I have is where or how do you get the "Cancel" and "Update" buttons as shown in this picture and on many of the supporting documents and demos: CLICK

Why? Because it's a nuisance to click the "OK" or "APPLY" buttons on the right-side WebParts controls when the RAD Content Editor is open. It would be better to just click the "Update" button to submit the edited content.

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Oct 2007
2 answers
119 views
Dear Support,
I have come across odd behaviour when adding an image and setting its' alignment (even with out of the box installation) to centre. Left and Right alignment work, but centre does not.

I am missing something obvious? Default behaviour? or am I misunderstanding how Image Alignment works?

This one has me scratching my head!
Regards,
Keith.
Clive Atkins
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Oct 2007
1 answer
96 views
Hi

If I double click on a Window title bar it maximises it even if the Maximise behaviour has not been set.

Kind Regards

David
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Oct 2007
1 answer
154 views
Hi, I am trying to use animations on the windows and they are not working. Once I click my link the window shows centered on the page, with no animation, regardless of the one I choose. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.  I am using the following:

function ShowDetailsForm(id)

{

var win = window.radopen("AbstractDetail.aspx?AbstractID=" + id, null);

return false;

}



<telerik:RadWindowManager ID="rwmMain" runat="server">

<Windows>

<telerik:RadWindow ID="AbstractDialog" Title="Abstract" runat="server" Modal="True" Animation="Resize" OpenerElementID="rgMain" ShowContentDuringLoad="true">

</telerik:RadWindow>

</Windows>

</telerik:RadWindowManager>

Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Oct 2007
3 answers
182 views
---------------------------
Error
---------------------------
Line: 2421
Error: 'Sys.Res.enumValueNotInteger' is null or not an object

Line: 375
Error: 'Sys.Res.argumentUndefined' is null or not an object

Line: 29
Error: 'Sys.UI.Control' is null or not an object

Line: 67
Error: 'Sys.Application' is null or not an object

Line: 14
Error: Object expected

Line: 379
Error: '$telerikCommon' is null or not an object

Line: 687
Error: 'Sys.UI.DomEvent' is null or not an object
----------------------------------------------------------------
I am using the RadScheduler in a Page which has a MasterPage, I have the ScriptManager on the Page. I tried without a Master Page and that is working fine, so the issue is somehow related to using RadScheduler with a Master Page
Any help appreciated.
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Oct 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?