Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
167 views
I would like to have the tool tip open on a mouse click and not on mouse over. Reason for this is that when moving the mouse over to an item a user wants to select they must mouse over other items to get to it. This causes alot of popups.

How can I make the tool tip open on a click and not mouse over?

Thank you in advance for your expert help
Michele
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 19 Oct 2007
1 answer
196 views
I think I"m trying to do something really simple but I'm just not getting anywhere and it's driving me nuts.

All I want to do is have a tab control that is hooked up to a multipage control that has a user control on each page.

I don't want the page load event or the rendering of the user controls to happen unless the page is selected and I need to have the user control content automatically update periodically (every 60 seconds)

So I first tried to create a user control that had a script proxy and an ajax panel on it with a timer control inside and the rendering code as well.  It doesn't work because it doesn't like <%%> tags within the panel.

And even if you take the ajax panel off of the user control, the Page_Load event fires even if the Multipage is set to only render only the currently selected page which isn't good and a huge overhead.

So then I created a second user control that gets dropped in the Ajax Panel with the timer. It has a function that is called on the timer's tick event and the tick is set to 1 millisecond at first and then set to 60000 on the first tick right away.  This works fine... for one page!  But then if you click on the tab control to chnage the page, the second one works fine too. But if you go back to the first page the tick is every 60 seconds because it didn't reset/reload the user control and thus is causing issues because I can't find any event that allows me to force the user control to update itself when the page change happens.

That as an aside from the issues with multiple content sections in master pages not working.

What am I doing wrong? This has to be a normal supported scenario, and I'm just not seeing any samples that support this.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Oct 2007
1 answer
133 views

Just wanted to share a scenario/solution.

If you use the Prometheus Chart in a protected subfolder in you web application. (protected by a web.config and roles enabled), you also have to allow the members to access chartimage.axd.

<location path="chartimage.axd">  
        <system.web> 
            <authorization> 
                <allow roles="K2WFVendorAdmin" /> 
            </authorization> 
        </system.web> 
</location> 

Otherwise you get prompted to enter your username and password.

Regards,
Nicolas

Ivo
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Oct 2007
1 answer
65 views
Hi,

I changed the Scheduler HeaderDay,HeaderMonth and HeaderWeek strings through the Localization property and after that the scheduler does not change to the respective view. I change the strings to the default values ("Day", "Month" and "Week") and everything works fine. I change other strings like Today,Show24Hours and they also work fine. I don't know if it's a problem of the RadScheduler control or if it's something that i am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Oct 2007
2 answers
264 views
Hello,
I developed a page with two prometheus charts and a prometheus ajaxmanager on a page.

This page works perfectly on my development machine. However, when I deploy it to production I get the following error:

Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterStartupScript(System.Web.UI.Page, System.Type, System.String, System.String, Boolean)'.   
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.   
 
Exception Details: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterStartupScript(System.Web.UI.Page, System.Type, System.String, System.String, Boolean)'.  
 
 
Stack Trace:   
 
 
[MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterStartupScript(System.Web.UI.Page, System.Type, System.String, System.String, Boolean)'.]  
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadAjaxControl.PerformRender() +0  
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadAjaxControl.OnPageRender(HtmlTextWriter writer, Control page) +1222  
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadAjaxControl.RenderPageInAjaxMode(HtmlTextWriter writer, Control page) +33  
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +2113547  
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +24  
   System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +26  
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +25  
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +121  
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +22  
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1896 

If I remove on my form the following lines the problem goes away:

strange that this works in development but not in production ...
<telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server">
                <AjaxSettings>
                    <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="dliChartType">
                        <UpdatedControls>
                            <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadChart1" LoadingPanelID="LoadingPanel1" />
                            <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadChart2" LoadingPanelID="LoadingPanel1" />
                        </UpdatedControls>
                    </telerik:AjaxSetting>
                    <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="dliChartColor">
                        <UpdatedControls>
                            <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadChart1" LoadingPanelID="LoadingPanel1" />
                            <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadChart2" LoadingPanelID="LoadingPanel1" />
                        </UpdatedControls>
                    </telerik:AjaxSetting>
                </AjaxSettings>
            </telerik:RadAjaxManager>

Regards,
Nicolas
NS
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Oct 2007
15 answers
289 views
I am not sure if i am relaying this correctly. I have gotten the drop down to work correctly with the resource. hoever, we have another appointment setting for location how would i specify that as a resource...this is a free form and do not want it shown on the inline edit or create but when the user hits the more option.


T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Oct 2007
4 answers
257 views
I am having some issues with the tooltip control.  I have a page called default.aspx that uses Master.Master  .  In one of the content areas in my default.aspx page i have several <asp:LinkButton />'s  These links have a style applied to them so they work like rollovers links.  I would like to use each of these links to popup a tooltip that displays html.  Basically onhovering each of the links I would like to preview either a usercontrol or another webpage.  The hoverover tooltip will be a simple discription of what they are about to go to on click.   This function would be very similar to the example here:  http://www.telerik.com/DEMOS/ASPNET/Prometheus/ToolTip/Examples/LoadOnDemand/DefaultCS.aspx

Anyone have any experience with this.  I could not follow the tutorials to make it work.
Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Oct 2007
2 answers
169 views

I have my styles showing in the Styles drop-down list (I specified the file via the <CssFiles> tag), but it show an additional two styles:

RadEWrongWord
RadEDomMouseOver

I don't want these styles visible in the list.  I have experienced this behavior in IE 7 only, and not in FireFox 2.  FF shows only my styles.

---

In a related question, how would I limit which styles from my stylesheet the end user can see?  For example, my stylesheet has styles .Style1 and .Style2.  I want only .Style1 to show in the Editor's Style drop-down list.

---

My Code:

    <telerik:RadEditor ID="RadEditor1"  runat="server" Skin="Vista" Height="250" Width="100%">  
         <Tools> 
           <telerik:EditorToolGroup Tag="Standards">  
                <telerik:EditorTool Name="Bold" /> 
                <telerik:EditorTool Name="Italic" /> 
                <telerik:EditorTool Name="Underline" /> 
            </telerik:EditorToolGroup> 
            <telerik:EditorToolGroup Tag="Styles" > 
                <telerik:EditorTool Name="ApplyClass" Text="Text Style" /> 
            </telerik:EditorToolGroup> 
        </Tools> 
       <CssFiles> 
           <telerik:EditorCssFile Value="~/Editor/EditorTestStylesheet.css" /> 
        </CssFiles> 
         <CssClasses> 
            <telerik:EditorCssClass Name="" Value="" /> 
            <telerik:EditorCssClass Name="Title Text" Value=".FeatureTitle" /> 
            <telerik:EditorCssClass Name="Normal Text" Value=".StandardText" /> 
        </CssClasses> 
        <Content> 
        </Content> 
    </telerik:RadEditor> 

Thanks!
Eddie

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Oct 2007
1 answer
180 views

I get the following error when setting the RadEditor to 

RadEditor1.EnableEmbeddedSkins = false;
RadEditor1.Skin = "/Skins/WebBlue";


Telerik.Web.UI.RadWindow with ID='ctl00_Center_RadEditor1dialogOpener_Window' was unable to find embedded skin with name '/Skins/WebBlue'. Please, make sure that you spelled the skin name correctly, or if you want to use a custom skin, set EnableEmbeddedSkins=false.

It looks like the Editor is not updating the dialog control with the EnableEmbeddedSkins value when it is being changed, however it is apparently passing the Skin property along.

When I attempt to set the skin to the extnernal location with out the EnableEmbeddedSkins setting set to true it breaks as expected showing the control ID of the RadEditor. 

Thanks
 

Valeri Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Oct 2007
4 answers
419 views
Hi,

How do you you insert a new resource to a appointment programatically?  I have teh employee in a drop down list and want to obtain that value and put it into a new appoitnment.  I can see there are two possible options (appointment.owner or appointment.resources) I have tried both to no avail.  Below is a snippet of my code which I hope will put my question into context.
Telerik.Web.UI.Appointment appointment = new Telerik.Web.UI.Appointment();  
appointment.Start = DateTime.Parse(starttime.ToString());  
appointment.End = DateTime.Parse(endtime.ToString());  
appointment.Subject = Reg.Text + strCRLF.ToString() + jobtype.SelectedItem.ToString() + strCRLF.ToString() + "Employee:" + employee.SelectedItem.ToString();  
Scheduler.InsertAppointment(appointment); 
Thanks,

JK
JK
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Oct 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?