Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
125 views
"Note that the built-in filtering feature/hierarchical structure is not supported with simple data-binding(calling DataBind()). See the Simple data binding demo from the Populating withdata section for more info about the limitations of this binding mode. "

So is there anyway I can use databind with the filter?
Thank you
Vladimir
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Dec 2007
3 answers
204 views
I'm working at a client site that has a licence for your ASP.NET product and the Prometheus product. I'm using "RadControls for ASP.NET Q2 2007". I'm trying to use RadTabStrip in a SharePoint 2007 WebPart. I've deployed the webpart to my site, and followed the instructions at:
http://www.telerik.com/products/sharepoint/integration-guide.aspx

The instructions in your PDF available at that URL is only applicable to RadMenu. The instructions for deploying the skins directory in that guide is not applicable to RadTabStrip and it required some guesswork on my part, which I'm not sure if I've got that right.

I've got a couple of webparts in my assembly. One that uses RadTabStrip which I've called BJDocumentPrecedentsTabs and one that just uses a couple of ASP.NET DropDownList controls which I've called BJThumbNail. I can't preview BJDocumentPrecedentsTabs in the WebPart gallery - I get an error in SharePoint, while I can preview BJThumbNail which is rendered properly with the DropDownList controls.

When I try to add BJDocumentPrecedentsTabs to a page, I get the following error in SharePoint:
"Unable to add selected web part(s). One of the properties of the Web Part has an incorrect format. Windows SharePoint Services cannot deserialize the Web Part. Check the format of the properties and try again."

Please post specific instructions on how to deploy RadTabStrip on a SharePoint 2007 site in reply to this.

Thanks.

Jibey
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Dec 2007
4 answers
223 views
You use to support IHierarchicalDataSource for the treeview. Not anymore?

Thanks,
Sergey
Steven Marchessault
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Dec 2007
1 answer
257 views
Hello. We currently use RAD Controls extensively throughout our site but have been having issues with RAD Controls running slow and we get constant viewstate errors. We are hoping that upgrading to Prometheus will be a good solution.

If you have implemented Prometheus into your production environment can you please share your thoughts and let us know if you have run into any problems?
Prometheus appears to be in a very solid beta release but we're still looking to get some feedback before we implement a beta product into production. Any info you can provide will be greatly appreciated!

This is the viewstate error that we keep getting...
Server Error:
System.Web.HttpException: Invalid viewstate: Missing field: __VIEWSTATE11. at System.Web.UI.Page.get_RequestViewStateString()
Shaun Peet
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 21 Dec 2007
1 answer
565 views
Hy folks, I am having dificulties to acomplish a very simple task... geting a value out of the RadGrid.SelectedItems Collection...

I have the following code

Public Function SelectedItem(ByVal columname As String) As String

Dim result As String = Nothing

Dim item As Telerik.Web.UI.GridItem = Nothing

Try

item =

Me.RadGrid1.SelectedItems.Item(0)

*  result = item.Cells(columname).Text

Return result

Catch ex As Exception

result =

Nothing

End Try

Return result

End Function


The selectedItems Collection is properly filled, after selecting the first Item, * how do i get the Cell Value in the specified Column? Using the index works but how do I know how the columnname and index are mapped? the docs state to use the uniqeName property of the GridItem but there is no such property??

Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Dec 2007
1 answer
53 views
We're using the Scheduler in production, and I recently deployed the latest version on our secure (SSL) web site.  Now when editing or deleting an appointment I get a browser pop-up that says "This page contains secure and insecure items".  Anyone know how I can I get rid of this?

Derrick Brundage
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Dec 2007
4 answers
210 views
How can I control the spacing between and around the buttons on the DateTimePicker?  Right now, it's too wide and might cause confusion with the user.  I want to bring the calendar and clock images closer to the text box and closer to each other.

Thanks!
Andy F.
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 answered on 21 Dec 2007
3 answers
181 views
hi there,
we are using this control in moss 2007 and have a issue with the rendered html.

if we make content in the safari browser on mac the editor renders different html as content made in firefox/ie on windows.
how can this be and what is the reason?

content that has created on mac makes problems if you try to change it on a windows machine :-(

greetings from frankfurt
alaeddin
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Dec 2007
1 answer
160 views
hai,
I need some clarification in RecurrenceParentID property  ,what is the usage of it , I storing the values from schedular to DB by different ways ,but I am not able to stored a value in RecurrenceParentID  colomn , how does it work and how it is different from RecurrenceRule .


Thanks in Advance,
Nagireddy  T
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Dec 2007
19 answers
206 views
RadControls for ASP.NET required me to set the property RadControlsDir for each control I added to a web part.  I noticed this does not exist for the Prometheus controls.  Is there another way of pointing the prometheus control to the skins dir?

When I have a prometheus control in my web part, I get the following error:
"An unexpected error has occured."
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Dec 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?