Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
6 answers
256 views
I'm trying out the RadControls to see how the ajax features work (mainly thinking of switching to this for the wysiwyg editor ;) )

After adding a RadAjaxManager to the page, and then clicking on "Configure Ajax Manager", no controls that are on the page are listed.

However, manually adding
            <telerik:RadAjaxManager id="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server"> 
                <AjaxSettings> 
                    <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="btnSave"> 
                        <UpdatedControls> 
                            <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="btnSave"></telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl> 
                        </UpdatedControls> 
                    </telerik:AjaxSetting> 
                </AjaxSettings> 
            </telerik:RadAjaxManager> 

Will allow it to work just fine. I'm trying to avoid having to type in all that code however, else I'd just use the Gaia controls for updating my buttons, and I'm of the mind that I'd like to switch over to RadControls

Any ideas?

P.S: I'm currently using the .NET Framework 3.5 Beta along with Visual Studio 2008 B2, could that possibly be the issue?
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Dec 2007
1 answer
189 views
I started working some AJAX into an application using Telerik RadAJAXManager last week (Q2) as a replacement for the standard MSAJAX UpdatePanel and liked the results... however, I upgraded everything to Q3 Prometheus today and noted that the RadAjaxManager ajaxified controls were considerably slower than previous.

To test my results, I placed them on the same page and made the only difference between the two was using the RadAjaxManager vs an UpdatePanel.  Each contains a dropdown menu with autopostback which, when selectedindexchanged is fired, updates two separate RadDatePicker (prometheus controls) values. 

The RadAjaxManager section is considerably slower than the UpdatePanel section... but with Q2 the RadAjaxManager section was either "as fast" or "faster" than the UpdatePanel section.  Why is that?
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Dec 2007
1 answer
130 views
Hi,

Ok. I want to collapse a pane with a button in much the same way the splitbar does. On the old splitter you could achieve this with JavaScript, as I just found out here: http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-bbdkbm.aspx

The above doesn't work with the prometheus splitter. So instead I am using a link button to call this code server side:

// Hide the pane containing the treeview
    protected void lbHidePane_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        rpTopicSubMenuPane.Collapsed = true;
    }

The problem is this produces a postback and the rest of my page and splitter are using Ajax to dynamically update the content. So on postback the pane collapses but all my other content is lost. I need to update the pane and/or splitter using the Ajax manager when the asp link button is clicked.

I have tried telling the Ajax manager to update the pane and the splitter directly which doesn't work and wrapping the splitter in an update panel and then updating this which also doesn't work. Any ideas?

All I want to do is duplicate the function from the splitbar on another button.

Thanks,

Michael
Sophy
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Dec 2007
1 answer
149 views
I am attempting to change the text color of a chartSeriesLabelText but it isn't changing.

Code is pretty simple:

foreach(ChartSeriesItem csi in chartSeries.Items)
{
csi.Label.TextBlock.Text = "#Y%";
csi.Label.TextBlock.Appearance.TextProperties.Color = Color.Red;
}

Text is always black.
No skin is being used to create the control this is with Futures Q3 2007.12.05

Vladimir Milev
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Dec 2007
2 answers
228 views
I'm upgrading my rad windows to Prometheus. However, now when my OpenerElementID (which is a button) is pressed it opens the window like it should but it also causes a postback on the page which then subsequently closes the window after the page refreshes. My button that is assigned as the OpenerElementID does not have any event handlers and the page worked fine with the old version of window. How can I stop the postback from occurring?
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Dec 2007
1 answer
151 views
Hey all,

I installed RAD Editor Lite on web application. I stsadm -o backup ... then restored it to another.

I then deployed the solution to the new web application.

It says 'Value cannot be null' or something. I deployed the .wsp and activated for every solution and it's in the GAC.

Also, current pages have security validation errors when you try to edit them (which use the RAD Editor). Sometimes when I create a new layout it works OR it says my trial has expired.

Any thoughts?
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Dec 2007
1 answer
166 views
hi, after installing the new release of Premethus control, I see that the Sunny skin are not embended anymore. (I receive error telling me that the skin was not found). I follow the custom skin creation help file to take the sunny skin of the radCalendar part and use it with prometheus. All work good except for the arrow on the top of the calendar. The path are always the root pf my web site, i cant set it to found the image in the theme directory. I search in the css file but I can't found where I can put a path for this arrows.

My Themes folder are:

App_Theme
    -- Default
        -- Calendar
            - Img
                - arrowLeft.gif
            - Calendar.Sunny.css

Any suggestion? Thanks.

PS: why do you remove this embended skin? This cause some problem when updating to keep the design without need of creating custom skin each time..
Petja
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Dec 2007
1 answer
136 views
My DateTimePicker doesn't work while in <FormTemplate> of ajax-enabled RadGrid. On clicking it doesn't react. I read that DatePicker has problems with AJAX. Any simple solution or wait for update?
plamen
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Dec 2007
3 answers
255 views
Hello telerik,

Some issues i'm experiencing with the Q3 version of prometheus and VS2008 on windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit:

- toolbox installer: does not add the telerik controls automatically. Adding the telerik UI binary manually does work though.
- Desktop shortcut to 'StartExamples.exe' does nothing. also executing this exe does not work. Full path on my install: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\RadControls 'Prometheus' for ASPNET Q3 2007\Live Demos\StartExamples.exe"

Removed the telerik Q3 product and reinstalled it dit not help with both issues. Maybe it has something to do with my 64-bit vista OS?

Regards,

Frans 
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Dec 2007
1 answer
145 views
My project consists of three web applications. Those applications use shared directory which is used to store photos. It is located on the same disk, but outside of those 3 apps. I implemented custom http handler to let those apps access a shared directory which is oustside their root and now I would like a RadEditor's upload to use this functionality. How can I achieve that?

This is how I get image located somewhere in ../Images/ outside app's context

http://sm/Image.aspx?relImgPath=fabcd684-4653-4f93-8bcb-88eb29b1d2cf.jpg
Call to Image.aspx calls out handler.
Tervel
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Dec 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?